23 September 2011

Millionaires Shortbread- Scrumdiddlyumptious!

Today I had an urge for chocolate, gooey stuff and shortbread so I made Millionaires Shortbread.

If you fancy making some yourself here is what you will need to do.

For the shortbread base you will need:
225g plain flour
75g caster sugar
175g butter

Mix the flour and sugar together then rub in the butter until it comes nicely together.
Press this into a greased, lined tin (approx 10"x8") and prick with a fork:


Bake for 5 minutes at 170c then 30-40 minutes at 150c until it is lightly golden brown.
Let it cool.

For the gooey stuff you will need:
200g butter
1 tin of condensed milk (397g)
4 tbsp golden syrup

Melt the butter in a pan, stir in the milk and syrup.
Boil, reduce the heat and stir for about 5 minutes until it thickens.
Pour over the base and then let it set.

For the chocolately bit you will need:
240g plus, depending on how thick you like it, chocolate (plain or milk - your choice)
Melt the chocolate and pour over the set gooey stuff.

Pop it in the fridge until hard.
Cut up, eat & enjoy!


Like the title says - Scrumdiddlyumptious!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Wow, I'm still dieting and this is just torture! I may push the boat out and have a rich tea biscuit *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering - looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks heavenly, one slice is never enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm. I once attempted this and the middle but went very wrong. This looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious! Apparently I am making two huge trays of this for my husband to take into work on Friday for his last day! Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks gorgeous, I can't wait to have a go at baking some x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG my absolute fav!!! They look gorgeous.....need one now with my cuppa!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious, it would be far too dangerous to make as I'd eat far too much of it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig