28 September 2011

The Gallery - Home

This week's prompt on Tara's Gallery is 'Home'.

I have a love/hate relationship with my home. Bought 6 years ago with the intention of doing it up and selling it not long after having our first baby, we are still here. Now as a SAHM, and a rather annoying drop in the house value, we are having to stay put for the foreseeable.
So I have to stay in love with my home despite it's size and parking issues!

Home, so much more than bricks and mortar.


 
Definitely not a show home. It is often full of chaos, clutter and cosy corners of books and hobbies. (Please note the cover on the sewing machine - did that myself!)


 
But for me home is for the family and as long as they are happy the size and contents do not matter.


 
What photographic images would you select for 'home'?

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Wow, Christmas at your house looks great. Uh, room for one more this year?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love homes that look lived in, there is nothing wrong with a bit of clutter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a cosy corner but all the available space seems to full of random plastic stuff that either makes a noise or a mess. Don't understand it :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like every day is a party at your place, or Christmas. Either way - I'd be happy in home like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah we went from the same angle today! It is a proper family home but I totally understand the parking and I have come to the conclusion that even if my house was beautiful the kids would trash it anyway! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. how happy do you look - I think we have the same fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your house, it looks a bit like mine. We have parking issues too and it can feel a bit small but are also having to stay put for the foreseeable. I'd really like a 1930's semi. Saying that, I do love my house and it's a happy house and that is the most important thing.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow again! You really take beautiful photos! We have the same issue, we like our house but would love to move if I am ever properly working again. But interestingly our children love the house - it's all they've ever known, so maybe it's a good job that we can't afford to move.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks lovely, and I am very jealous of that big tin of quality street! Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I have a purple one?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's an amazing home. It's all the chaos and clutter that makes a home... Throw in an amazing looking Christmas and it's definitely home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your home (and house) looks lovely and full of character and warmth and you all look happy. Great pink sewing machine cover btw x

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it! Home is where the heart is :) It looks happy - love it xxxxx
    ps.... Can i have your perfect boobs??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, ta for all the comments. I do love my home, just wish I could stretch the downstairs!x x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig