13 September 2011

A-Z of me

The lovely Diary Of a Lagos Mum and Mum2babyinsomniac have tagged me to take part in The Real Housewife of Suffolk County's A-Z of me meme.
So here goes......

ANORAK…Do you have a sad side?
Yes, I regularly reorganise the CDs A-Z and each case has to have it's CD in it.

BODY…What physical attribute would you most like to change?
I know I shouldn't say this but it would have to be the baby belly. I should embrace how my body has changed but I would love to be able to pick up all sorts of clothes and know that the extra band around my waist will not be an issue.

CELEBRITY…Which one would you most like to date and why? 
It has to be Brandon Flowers for the obvious reasons that he is beautiful and talented and I could live the rock and roll lifestyle!

DEBUT …Tell us about your first ever blog post. What made you start blogging?
My first blog post was rather dull and introduced myself to the world of blogging. I started blogging after linking to some via Twitter and thought it was something I would like to try - so glad I did!

ERROR …What’s been your biggest regret?
After my A-levels I had a year out and worked as an au-pair in Boston, USA. I always planned to go back and work there again and travel round America. Instead after university I did my PGCE and started teaching straight away. I wish I had saved some money and travelled again.

FUNNY – who’s making you laugh? I think Jack Dee is hilarious. I love his grumpy dead pan demeanour. Also it took a while but I also like Al Murray's Pub Landlord.

GRAND…If we gave you one right now what would you spend it on?
It would go towards a really nice cottage holiday for next summer either on the Cornish coast or in the Yorkshire Dales.

HOLIDAY… What’s your favourite destination?
I would have to say New England. It's such a beautiful part of America.

IRRITATE… What’s your most annoying habit?
Having to wash up straight after a meal. It just cannot wait!

JOKER…Whats your favourite joke {the one that makes you laugh everytime you hear it}? The joke that would always make me laugh was about superheros having sex but I cannot remember it. I do like simple jokes though - What did the fish say when it swum into a wall? "Dam"!

KENNEL… Do you have any pets?
No. But I would love to have chickens and my daughter is pushing for a hamster or guinea pigs. We may let her have guinea pigs next year. Possibly. If she behaves herself.

LOVE…Are you single, married, engaged, living with a long term partner?
I am married and have been for just over 7 years. We have been together for 11 years and met in Bath when I was studying for my PGCE - possibly the reason I never went travelling again then!

MEAL… Whats your ultimate starter, main and dessert?
Mmmmmm food! I love seafood so a great starter would be deep fried calamari. My main would be king prawns and octopus linguine in a garlic, cream and wine sauce. Then dessert? Mmm, I love the classic sticky toffee pudding!

NOW…If you could be anywhere right now where would you be and who with?
Right now I would like to be on the North Norfolk Coast, maybe Holkham or Wells beach, having had fish and chips out of the bag for lunch. My little family would be with me and we would all be having the best day!

OFF DUTY…What do you do in your spare time?
I would like to say knit, sew, run and read but I have not got back into them all yet so the reality is....blog, veg out on the sofa and watch mind numbing television! That's really bad actually.

PROUD MOMENTS …What are you most proud of?
A bit obvious but my children. I am proud of E as although she is so very shy she gets on with school and is starting to come out of her shell and be more positive about new things like learning to swim and starting Rainbows. I am proud of A's confidence and ability to chat to anyone and make people smile! My children are chalk and cheese but they make me so proud! 

QUEASY …What turns your stomach?
Offal. I love meat but I draw the line at the extra bits like liver, heart, tongue - bleurggh.

RELAX…How do you relax? 
Feet up with a cold pear cider and watch a chick flick.

SONG…Whats your favourite song of all time?
I like so many different types of music and it always depends on my mood as to what is my favourite song! However I absolutely love The Killers' For Reasons Unknown especially the live version when Brandon talks about the beautiful English girls - he's talking to me by the way!

TIME …If you could go back in time and relive it again, when would you choose?
The early days of my eldest when I got too stressed about unnecessary things and didn't realise at the time how simpler things could be. I blame the fact that somebody gave me Gina Ford's bloody stupid book and I got in a panic about things.

UNKNOWN…Tell us something about yourself that no one else knows? 
Everyone I know knows something different about me and if I could think about anything else then everybody would know!

VOCAL…. Who is your favourite artist?
Brandon Flowers / The Killers

WORK….. What is your dream job, and are you doing it now?
My dream job would be running a trendy bakery & coffee shop with branches in the big cities and on the coast. No I am obviously not doing that!!

XRAY…Any broken bones?
No, have only been in hospital to have babies.

YIKES…What’s been your most embarrassing moment? 
You know it sounds really dull but I haven't had any big embarrassing moments. I remember parking up once when I lived in Bath and getting the gears wrong and shooting into the parked car in front, no-one was around and no damage was done so I just ran into my house quickly!

ZOO…. If you were an animal, which one would you be?
I would be a hippopotamus so I could have saggy layers of skin and not be bothered about it!

I am now going to tag (you can get a blank template from here) -
@crankymonkeys
@chelleway
@thelovebump
@madamding
@writerdove
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Thanks for tagging. I find meme's like this very interesting actually so will enjoy filling it in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun to read. I didn't know who Brandon Flowers was until further down but I guess you like him :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fab, lovely to find out a bit more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still chuckling at the fish joke x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I despise offal too! Never actually tried it but I am never planning on it either. I wish I could do the washing-up straight after eating, I can see a big stack of mine from where I am sitting now....gonna have to wait till morning though! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased to find this on your blog as I was trying to dream up my own A-Z starting with the word 'Anorak' so this was perfect.

    I also enjoyed reading your answers. You're welcome to come round here and wash up and put my CDs in order anytime ;-) (they used to be in the right order and the correct boxes but then a small boy came into our lives)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig