14 September 2011

National Cupcake Week

Mmmmmm it is National Cupcake Week so the perfect excuse to get baking again!

My lovely friend bought me this lovely book for my birthday:


 
As usual I had bananas sitting on top of the fridge crying out to be eaten and in the book was a yummy looking recipe for Banana & Chocolate Cupcakes - mmm!

The Fabulous Baker Boy wanted to get involved too so off we went, hands washed and aprons on.

We found our ingredients:

We weighed out 120g plain flour, 140g caster sugar, 1 tbsp baking powder - that's tablespoon not teaspoon as I read it (I wondered why my cakes looked a bit flat!), 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp ground ginger, 80g butter and a pinch of salt into a bowl and whizzed it up:

We slowly added 120 ml of milk and whizzed again. We added 2 eggs and....whizzed again!

'A' mashed up 120g of bananas:


We gently stirred the bananas into the mix.

We lined a tray with 12 muffin sized cases and spooned in the mixture about two-thirds full:


These were baked at just under 170c fan oven for 18 minutes until lightly golden brown.

When they were cool we made chocolate frosting by whizzing up 150g icing sugar, 20g cocoa powder and 50g butter and then mixing in 20ml milk.

This frosting was spread on top of the cakes. If you prefer a thicker frosting double the quantities, which is suggested in the book anyway.

And done:



Enjoy! x 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Yummy! I can't believe it's cupcake week and I dieting. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great :) Cupcake week!! must get baking would hate to miss out LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig