5 March 2012

#pinaddicts no.2 - T-shirt flower

#pinaddicts

Welcome one and all to the #pinaddicts challenge part two, this week hosted by me!

The response to the first #pinaddicts challenge, hosted by it's creator Kerry, was amazing with over 50 Pinterest lovers joining in. If you missed it click here.

The #pinaddicts challenge works as follows:
Pin to your #pinaddicts board on Pinterest.
Choose something to make for the challenge.
In your post put the original image with original links.
Post your fantastic effort at recreating.
Link up and go and check out the other #pinaddicts!

Please pop a link back to this page so others can link up x x
Remember the linky stays open for a week so if you are inspired then please do come and join us.

#pinaddicts challenge no.2 - T-shirt flowers

I pinned the following image to my #pinaddicts board.

T-shirt flower for scarf, hair, pin...anything
With the long term plan to make this infinity scarf:

http://rebekahgough.blogspot.com

Firstly though I concentrated on the flowers.

You will need: old t-shirts, felt circles, fabric glue, buttons, a bit of card to make a template and scissors.


Edith wanted to help as soon as she heard the word 'flower' and saw the pink t-shirt.
So I enrolled her in the task of drawing round the flower template 8 times.



We then did the following:


Then I got a bit carried away....



I tried using leftover curtain fabric. This was a bit trickier to manipulate but gave a nice shabby finish to the flower.
I will be using this in a future project.


I made a hairband from braided t-shirt fabric and tied on a smaller flower.


The smaller flowers can also be glued on to hair clips.


What do you think?
I am now off to search for some t-shirt fabric to make the scarf!

Happy Pinning x x x

Don't forget there is a prize up for grabs!
This is randomly chosen from all those that join in.
It is not judged on the best creation!

If you tweet about us please use the hashtag #pinaddicts
Join our facebook page here

If you don't have the time to join in this week, next month will see @NotSoSlummy host the challenge on her blog here.

Future challenges will be hosted by Mum2BabyInsomniac, ButWhyMummyWhy, SimplyOutnumbered and SewScrumptious.


SHARE:

28 comments

  1. Your flowers look fabulous! This is such a great idea for a challenge. Thanks for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the flowers! The hair band is genius too. I am def going to be making some of those flowers. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! I know that if Noo saw them she'd be desperate for me to make some for her hair clips and hair bands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love these :-) super impressive x I really meant to get my account together and do this but the rest of life seems to have taken over at the moment. Will try harder next time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing!! We were looking at flower hair clips the on Friday and they were £2.50 for 2 and that was the cheapest at Tesco! Needless to say I didn't buy them, but I will be making them now! Jenna will be so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these flowers I may give them a bash, thanks for putting up an easy tutorial as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. MAAAAAN viv! You're a legend!! I WANT I WANT! So going to try these :) Thanks for hosting this month :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love this linky, so many things that I've missed on Pinterest although I'm not sure how, I spend enough time on there to have seen everything! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again I am seriously impressed! You are a very clever lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am hiding this post from the princess who will undoubtedly want a t-shirt flower hairband should she happen upon this!
    Amazing work!
    Which reminds me.... *hotfoots it to the sewing machine*

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so sweet! I really like the upholstery fabric one.. I think the stiffness is nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh lovely flowers! Smaller ones would be great too... oooh down the sides of my jeans!! #pinaddicts = FAB! *turns house upside down looking for T shirts to chop up!
    Daizy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow those are really effective! I have a couple of old, worn out t-shirts so might give this a go. More fun than using them as dusters ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This month i wanted to make a flower rosette and ended up with a little cupcake box, fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these! Well done, I bet you are going to be putting them everywhere! I am running a day behind, Mod Podges takes ages to dry! Will be linking up tomorrow though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful flowers, a lovely way to use up an old t-shirt! Thanks for hosting, I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else has been making.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thoese flowers are BEYOOTIFUL!
    Thanks for hosting, really am a big fan of this, woop!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty! I think my neice would love them on a hairband. Thanks for hosting, its added another brilliant dimension to my pinterest obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the flowers, how cool. You could use an old school summer dress to make co-ordinating slides and headbands for school

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh love the school dress idea ;)

      Delete
    2. I like this idea too! Great! Thanks ☺

      Delete
  20. What a great way to use old/leftover fabric! Love the curtain fabric one! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi - could you let me know where to find the link so I can put the Linky onto my own blog? Did it last month no problem but now can't find it... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no code/link to put it onto blogs as I didn't tick the bloghop box when setting it all up. Sorry! x

      Delete
  22. I've been putting old t-shirts aside to make some of the stranded necklaces... may have to add in a few flowers now too!

    (I'm sorry... I may have gone a bit link happy and linked up a whole load of Pin inspired crafts that I've done!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is fantastic. Relatively simple but looks so complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is a really good idea. Simple and so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is the project I am submitting for this month. I am proud to say that I have completed 7 to date!!

    http://momoftwosalums.wordpress.com/pinterest-projects/pinterest-project-4/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig