12 March 2012

Spring Garden Prep

Despite being indoors for most of it, seeing to Alban and his chickenpox, it was a beautiful weekend.
The back doors were wide open and Edith was busy in the garden helping her Daddy plan, set seeds, pot out Sweet Peas and have a general tidy up. The garden definitely needs one.





Some thorough planning was made!


Herbs on the windowsill

A natural den for the children...

...with Sweet Peas in the pots


Fun in the garden...

...and a bucketful of worms!

I absolutely love this time of year watching Edith and the hubbie working together in the garden with the anticipation of warm Spring days, and then waiting for the Summer.
 x x x



SHARE:

10 comments

  1. That den is absolutely amazing. Is it a livng den or are they just canes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hazel and twisted willow both cut but I think the willow is trying to bud and grow - we will wait and see!

      Delete
  2. Ahh what a lovely, uplifting post. Is that a willow playhouse? How did you make it? Have you grown it or got willow canes & dug them in? I'd love to do a similar thing in our garden. So far I've started leeks, potatoes, Tomatoes & parsnips in seed trays. I'll be watching your gardening posts with Interest xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubbie and a friend started with hazel bent and tied for the main frame then we filled in some gaps with twisted willow (we think!) from the tree that had a serious prune in the picture near the top! We have potatoes chitting away!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful day in the garden. Love your willow den and outdoor chalkboard. My sweet peas are still hibernating inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edith particularly loves it out there. I plan to add bunting & fairy lights to the den!!

      Delete
  4. Viv, that den is simply gorgeous!!! how clever!

    Send your hubby round to my garden next :)

    Edith is so gorgeous, sweet girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm slightly daunted by the amount of work needed in our garden. I am very envious of your den - is it willow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the natural den. I'm going to show that to my mum (we don't have the space)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh love day's like this, so when you coming around mine then?!!!! :-) Natural den is lovely, Bex's 2nd Junior school had a really large one, an outside classroom for the summer it was fab!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig