13 March 2012

On my birthday - September 11

Over on The Five Fs Blog Kate is aiming to collect birthday informaton for all 366 days of the year. So she has set up this meme with the aim that we tag and tag and tag and try to reach a lot of bloggers so all 366 days are covered. We then link up at Kate's blog so she can track the progress.
All you have to do is answer some questions and gather a bit of information about your birthday. Wikipedia is a good place to start.
Rollercoaster Mum tagged me to take part.

When is your birthday?

September 11
Pick three people who share your birthday and share what you know about them.

Brian De Palma (1940) American film director behind such classics as Carrie, Scarface, The Untouchables and Mission Impossible.

Harry Connick Jr (1967) American crooner and actor type. He wrote the soundtrack for When Harry Met Sally - I LOVE that film - and acted in many films including Memphis Belle and Copycat.
Richard Ashcroft (1971) Singer with The Verve and successful solo artist. Wrote one of my favourite songs Bittersweet Symphony.
Is anyone listed as being born on the same day as you (ie the same year). If so, what do you know about them?

Yes, I found three:
Elephant Man - Jamaican musician
Tomas Enge - Czech Racing Driver
Flora Redoumi - Greek Hurdler

I haven't heard of any of them!

List three people who died on your birthday and tell us what you know about them?

Unfortunately I could try and list 2,996 people that died on September 2001.
I think that says enough.

List three notable events that took place on your birthday.

1297 Battle of Stirling Bridge where the Scots jointly led by Mel Gibson William Wallace and Andrew Moray defeat the English.

1961 Ground is broken for the building of The Pentagon, Arlington County, VA, USA.
Exactly 60 years it was attacked.

2001 Terrorist attacks on New York & the Washington D.C. areas of America
Tell us about a holiday that falls on your birthday.

Argentina has a  National Teachers Day to honour Domingo Faustino Sarmiento, an intellectul writer and seventh President, who championed intelligent thought—including education for children and women—and democracy for Latin America. He died aged 77 on September 11 1888.

Finally I need to tag some lovely types to carry on this meme. I have included a link above back to Kate's blog where she would like you to link up your post and grab the badge!

SAHDandproud
Motherventing
NotSoSlummy
CatParrott

On my birthday
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Love things like this. Finding out what happened on days and stuff. Can't wait to get stuck in later tonight. Thanks for tagging me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - that must have been hard celebrating your birthday on 9/11, and even harder the year after I would think. Don't you just wish you were a treacher in Argentine - you could have a double celebration ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess someone has to have a birthday on significant days like this. One of Monkey's classmates was born on the day of the 7/7 bombings in London. I can't imagine what his parents must have thought that day.

    On a lighter note, I love both Harry Connick Jr and Richard Ashworth. I can't believe that Harry is only 4 years older tho!

    Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting idea. I've done mine for November 11th. Thanks for tagging me. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving reading these! I got tagged too, funny to find out who you share a birthday with x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig