30 August 2011

Recipe Shed - Mince: Lamb Pasticcio

Finally I have linked up to Reluctant Housedad's Recipe Shed!
Today I had a pack of lamb mince in the fridge and no idea what to do with it so I tweeted for some help. I had loads of responses so thanks to all but the one that really caught my eye was for Lamb Pasticcio. I had never heard of it so I Googled to find out what it was and how to make it and off I went. (Thank you to @cherrymum 1972 by the way x )

I had to play around with a couple of online recipes, due to some missing ingredients, so here is my take on....

Lamb Pasticcio

You will need:
1 onion - chopped
500g lamb mince
2 tsps dried oregano
400g tin/box chopped tomatoes
water
350g macaroni

knob of butter
1+ tbsp plain flour
200ml milk
egg
100g cheddar cheese

And here's what you need to do:
Heat up the oil and fry the onion and lamb mince.
Drain off the fat and add oregano, chopped tomatoes and half a tin of water.
Simmer for 20-30 minutes.

Cook 350g of macaroni (I guess any type of pasta would do)

Make a cheesy sauce by melting the butter and whisking in the flour and milk. Stir until smooth then add an egg and grated cheddar cheese.
To make it more authentic Greek Feta should be used but I didn't have any!

In an ovenproof dish put half the macaroni, then the mince, then the rest of the macaroni and finally the cheese sauce with some extra grated cheese thrown on top.

Bake at about 160c fan for about 40 minutes.

Eat and enjoy!!
    
                                                                 Recipe Shed
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Very very nice. I really like the idea of using feta with this. I love that salty cheese. Thanks for posting again. Don't forget: this Thursday it's Hand-Me-Down recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. Think the girls will enjoy this and easy to make a vegetarian version using Quorn for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig