16 August 2011

My Fabulous Baker Boy


My 3 year old, "A", absolutely loves to bake, which is a good thing as I like cake!
Today "E" had a friend to play so "A" decided to bake buns for the girls to then ice and decorate. I am very proud of my thoughtful boy and making the most of it as I know his love for his sister will soon come and go!
If you have never baked with your little one before here is a simple recipe to get you started:

Yummy Buns!
4oz Stork margarine
4oz caster sugar
4oz self raising flour
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla essence

Put all the ingredients into one bowl and mix, either by hand with a wooden spoon or with an electric mixer.

Line a bun tray with  12 paper cases and spoon the mixture evenly into each case.


Help Mum with the washing up by licking the spoon:


Bake in a pre-heated oven 170c (fan oven) for about 16 minutes until lightly golden and spongey to touch.



Icing
4oz sieved icing sugar
water

Put the icing sugar in a bowl and add water a little bit at a time and mix until you get smooth icing that just slips off the spoon!

Find some decorations:



Now stand back, arm your children with a teaspoon and let them decorate!:




 
When you return you will find some delights like this:



 
But also this all over your lovely tablecloth:


But hey, the kids have had fun and made you some scrummy cakes so clean up, make a cuppa, sit down and tuck in and enjoy! x x





SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Fab idea! I've linked up my not entirely successful baking experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! You are very trusting leaving your laptop within reach of cake mix and icing! Baking isn't our strong point so I'll definitely pop back for some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, nice idea. I've dug one up from my archives, but I don't cook with the kids too often but will link again as and when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this link. We had loads of fun doing them and taking the pics. Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig