8 August 2011

Today Mother Nature Cheered Me Up!

Now I know in this current economic climate I am privileged to be able to be a SAHM but I often have big grumbles about my house. I live in a mediocre 3 bed 100 year old semi. Don't get me wrong it is a lovely house with lots of period features and it was perfect for the two of us when we bought it six years ago but now we are four it is cramped.  The main reason we bought it though was the garden; 100+ foot long which gives us space & a good degree of privacy. I am not a gardener though but hubby has grown a variety of vegetables. And me? I plant flowers with the children.

The end of the garden.
Today I have been feeling down about family things but the sun is shining, the kids are happy and healthy and I have alot to be grateful for, right here at home.
Earlier I went to the end of my garden with 'E' to see what was happening.

We found lots of beautiful things to look at,

Somewhere on there is a very happy bee.
9 foot tall sunflowers!


to pick & smell,
Sweet Peas

and to eat.



Juicy & sweet strawberries.


So today if I get down about anything again I will look out of my back door and smile. I am very lucky to have Mother Nature's work just a few steps away.

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. How lovely to have such a big garden. We live in the middle of a city so ours is pretty mini. We have managed to cram in some flowers and even a few veg this year though and it does make me smile as well. Aren't we lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a splendid garden. So full of life. It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments x Gardens have always made me happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous garden. Your sunflowers are amazing - mine haven't flowered yet and they are only half the size. Our garden is tiny and is now half trampoline. 10ft ones don't look that big in other people's gardens but in ours it looks huge!

    Hope your day gets better. Sounds like we have the opposite problem in menfolk. Wish mine would get a few more things done around the house - there just never seems to be any time to do anything. Think they are just not as good at multi tasking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being in a garden is so good for the soul. Your garden looks lovely. I am desperate to get into my garden and tidy it up. It has been winter here and a very wet one at that. Can't wait for some sunshine.

    Hope you're feeling less down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for looking at my blog - and even following it - and leaving such lovely comments. I am finding the whole process of blogging very therapeutic x x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig