19 February 2015

Snowdrops and mini-mes {#HDYGG}

This week we paid a visit to one of our all time favourite spaces to roam, Dyrham Park.
With its sweeping parkland it took a while to find some flora to capture.
Finally we found the classic sign that Spring is on its way...

Snowdrops // 76sunflowers
Snowdrops // 76sunflowers
Snowdrops // 76sunflowers
Snowdrops // 76sunflowers
In front of the house and beyond in its formal gardens we found some carpeting of snowdrops.
Always fun to capture whilst scrabbling on my hands and knees.
For some shots I resorted to using the screen almost blindly snapping my subject.
 
Clearly, I wasn't a doing a good enough job.
The kiddos, being my mini-mes today, decided to show me how to use the macro setting...
Mini - mes // 76sunflowers
Spring fauna // 76sunflowers
The boy wasn't afraid to experiment. He asked me about the dial on the camera and setting it to macro he got straight on with it sticking his head into a shrub in order to capture this beauty.
Can anyone tell me what is it please?!
Mini - mes // 76sunflowers
Crocus // 76sunflowers
The girl, not wanting to be outdone, got down on her knee low to snap this beautiful crocus.
She has also mentioned wanting to write her own blog.
Mini-me?
Most definitely!

I'll be linking up with the lovely Annie...
How Does Your Garden Grow

x x x


SHARE:

13 comments

  1. what great colors! the beginning signs that spring is coming indeed. i love how the boy took charge. how great of him to want to learn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow havent seen so much snowdrops and the photos that your little one took are super nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catherine (Growing Family)19 February 2015 at 14:43

    Gorgeous photos, those snowdrops were worth the muddy knees! My eldest is starting to get interested in the camera too, I think it's seeing me use it so much when we're out and about that's done it - that and the fact that to him it's a gadget!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo's and definitely some mini me's in the making there, how lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that the mini-mes were not to be outdone, and fab shots too. And ahhhhh snowdrops, happy times! #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures, I do love snowdrops. The shrub looks like a Viburnum tinus x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love kiddy cameras! Looks like it was a perfect, sunny day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh such beautiful flowers, I'm looking forward to seeing the first bloom where I live ! Shouldnt be too long of a wait now.

    xx, Charlie.
    http://charlieleschroniques.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grubby Little Faces21 February 2015 at 21:46

    Love seeing carpets of Snowdrops. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your pictures were lovely, despite what the children said!! I have to say theirs are rather impressive too, and I love the pictures of them taking the pictures alongside the end result. great post, thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah I love it when kids take an interest in taking photos too - Kitty has started to do this too lately. I guess it's a natural thing to see us enjoying something and want to try it too.
    Loving the snowdrops - I always get excited to see them come up, they are the promise of colour to come!
    Thanks for joining in again lovely and I hope half term has been kind to you! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many snowdrops, gorgeous!
    How wonderful that you little one is showing an interesting in snapping pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay - great little photographers! ... and lovely snowdrops. Their French name is Perce-neige, the snow piercer which I love. They may herald the arrival of spring but often show the beauty when winter is still well and truly here.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig