20 February 2015

Lacock Abbey ~ Spring World

It was only a couple of weeks ago when Lacock Abbey was a Frozen World but now it is definitely heading towards Spring.
Whilst the sun shone this week I took the kiddos for an afternoon stroll around the Abbey Grounds for the children's trail.
Whilst we found out some facts that, despite countless visits, we didn't know, I snapped some signs that Spring is nearly upon us.
Lacock cat // 76sunflowers
Galanthus 'Magnet' snowdrop  // 76sunflowers
Peony bud // 76sunflowersCrocuses // 76sunflowers
In the Botanical Garden the famous Lacock cat sat watching over the Galanthus 'Magnet' snowdrops whilst the Peony buds ever so slowly begin their journey to full bloom. Nearby, the walled greenhouse was bursting with colour, the crocuses in particular catching my eye.
Lacock door // 76sunflowers
Lacock window // 76sunflowers
Inside The Brewery we noted inscriptions in the wall alongside etchings to ward off the threat of Witchcraft back in the 1400s to 1700s. The children's trail alerted us to this - it is amazing what you miss when it isn't pointed out to you. The door handle, although nothing of importance to my knowledge, was, for me, needing to be photographed!
Lacock snowdrops & crocuses // 76sunflowers
Lacock snowdrops // 76sunflowers
Lacock snowdrops // 76sunflowers
Back outside, the grounds continue with their carpet of snowdrops and crocuses. I will never tire of this sight this time of year. Particularly beautiful, to me, were the clumps of crocuses beneath the old tree by the pond. This will always hold a special place in my heart having been proposed to here nearly 15 years ago.

x x x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I can never get tired of the beauty of nature either. Spring is especially beautiful, with all the flowers blooming everywhere !

    xx, Charlie.
    http://charlieleschroniques.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fabulous photographs, I can definitely sense spring on its way whenever I venture outside x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig