28 February 2015

Project 365 2015 #9

So the half term week was over and it was back to work and school.
I am desperately trying not to be negative at these points in the year.
The work/life balance is evening out with careful planning and I am focussing on me on my days off.

Project 365 #9

Project 365 day 53 - Homework // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 54 - Spin // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 55 - Primroses // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 56 - Lily of the Valley // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 57 - Obi Wan Kenobi // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 58 - Spaghetti Hoops // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 59 - Kennet & Avon canal // 76sunflowers

Day 53
Nothing like leaving things to the last minute! The boy worked really hard on his homework project today making a book about Emperor Penguins and Magpies. I don't mind homework - that they enjoy.
Day 54
The children were still off due to a training day but they busied themselves. In between the rain showers I nipped into the garden to have a play with the shutter speed on my camera. I was pretty pleased with this one of the kiddos' wind twirly thingy!
Day 55
The children were back to school today. Determined to make the most of it I got my school work out of the way then grabbed the camera again. Today I played around with the aperture - I'm a big fan of this setting. The primroses were looking rather beautiful. You can see more of my back garden here.
Day 56
Back to work for me today which meant a night of restless sleep with anxiety dreams and waking up way earlier than needed - why is that? Back home I returned to more pots of Spring bulbs including this dainty Lily of the Valley for Grandma.
Day 57
When I got in tonight the boy was busy with his Lego in the conservatory. Battle scenes were set up with Obi Wan Kenobi at the helm.
Day 58
Friday has become 'easy tea' night - or mummy's shattered and can't be arsed to cook anything half decent. Tonight's culinary offering was spaghetti hoops on toast. Yum.
Day 59
The husband is in London with his brother so I took the kiddos to see Grandma and Granddad. Living so close to the canal is a real bonus - and having them closer again definitely helps. This part of the canal is quieter than Bradford-on-Avon but still beautiful. I love the old road bridges passing over the water.

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky
 
x x x
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. Wow, that's amazingly early for lily of the valley, isn't it? The wind toy shot is fab. And so are the primroses. The canal looks serene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of the wind thing. Nothing terrible about hoops on toast. The lego photo made me smile x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the primrose shot and I'm all for easy Friday night dinners - we are doing something similar here too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah MumofThree World28 February 2015 at 19:44

    Love the Lego photo and the flowers. Sorry to hear you get stressed about work the night before, but good to know you're trying not to be negative. That's something I'm struggling with at the moment :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. disqus_dIRjNoslsp28 February 2015 at 20:47

    We love the canals too! My parents live aboard a narrow boat! Some gorgeous shots as usual Viv. I should really use my DSLR camera more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Lego photo! I had spaghetti hoops recently for the first time and loved them!! #365

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos, I love the wind mill photo, so clever

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the windmill shot - it does look like it was a very windy day!! The lego man look s very cross!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shot of the wind thingy - so cool with the contrast of its colours and the outdoors! Lovely shot of Primroses to brighten us all up. Your close up of the lego figure made me think it was about to start moving and talking like in the film! Friday nights are usually pizza nights - my husband even manages to put them in the oven...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like your primrose shot - I need to experiment a bit more with the settings on my camera now as I've got to grips with using it on auto and the various modes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful flower shots.
    And lovely contrasts on the canal, I'm still on the look out for a new camera but undecided what to get at the moment.
    And loving the classic meal!, you can't beat a bit of spaghetti on toast ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that "wind twirly thing" makes a brilliant shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elaine Livingstone1 March 2015 at 14:54

    nothing wrong with toast and spaghetti I do toast and something from a tin quite a few Sundays cos after I have done 2 11 hr shifts its all I can be bothered with.
    Love the twirly pic, and nice to see you using the manual settings on your camera.
    If I was to ever win the lottery I would consider a canal boat, think it would be a nice peaceful life

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful shots lovely, i love lily of the valley so pretty to look as and so striking in its aroma xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some beautiful, beautiful photos. I love the penguin drawing - it's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love hoops on toast - i should eat it more.
    you do capture some wonderful photos Viv - those primroses are so pretty and good to see you mastering your camera settings xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have hoops far too often but such a handy tea. Glad you're making me time in your week and also playing with your camera. I need to do that more! Hope you have a good week ahead! #365

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely photos! I do love the look of that lego x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sara (@mumturnedmom)5 March 2015 at 00:26

    Love the flowers, cheers me up to see spring happening somewhere :) The wind whirly thing is a cool photo too x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig