19 January 2015

Winter sun and a village walk {Country Kids}

This weekend saw some beautiful sunshine, and it was cold - a perfect combination...

Landrover Defender // 76sunflowers
The kiddos' Uncle had visited for the weekend bringing his new toy. He took us for a spin in his spanking new Landrover Defender which went down well with the kiddos - the husband was also caught giving it the eager eye.
Long Winter shadows // 76sunflowers
Being Sunday, it was soon back to the routine of waving bye to daddy as he went off to work, leaving just me and the kiddos. The day was far too nice to be indoors so we set off from home for a walk around the local villages, the Winter sun casting its long shadows once again.
Village walk // 76sunflowers
Village walk // 76sunflowers
Gates were climbed on for a better view but the horse didn't come and say hello today - he's there in the distance though.
Abandoned Pear Tree // 76sunflowers
We took a peek at the empty village pub - it used to be a lovely setting for a Summer's drink outside or a cosy Winter's drink by the fire. Then Marco Pierre White left, apparently chain sawing down the sign on his way out, and it stands empty again.
Narcissi // 76sunflowers
The farm had its trolley of plants outside for sale - this time narcissi. Once again I had left my purse at home - one day I will get something for the garden from here!
Village walk // 76sunflowers
On the walk back home I kept feeling a little hand reaching for mine as tired legs were setting in.
I always love to walk like this and often wonder how long will this need to hold my hand last?
 
Linking up with Country Kids...
Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall
x x x
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. So lovely when they want to hold your hand. Truly a sad and momentous occasion when they stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely walk... and how rude of the horse not to coma and say hi? Chain sawing a pub sign... that made me laugh! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know two little people that would be rather taken by the Landrover Defender! Yes, I too love hand holding and am determined to enjoy it for as long as possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coombe Mill (Fiona)24 January 2015 at 11:27

    This looks like a great walk, local walks are sometimes the best. Your two look excited by the Landrover, I'm sure Nick would've been excited by that as well. It's always a shame to see old village pubs get closed down and left empty when they used to be the center of the village. Thanks for linking up with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara (@mumturnedmom)24 January 2015 at 15:10

    What a lovely walk, I love all the long winter shadows, sunny winter days are just wonderful. And, the hand holding is just the best isn't it, especially when it starts to become so rare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww what a nice walk and that rover looks kick ass!

    My fave part of of my school run if my son would reach out for my hand and we would walk together. Its just automatic and I wish that we can do this for the longest time. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics and loving the Defender! It's such beautiful weather at the moment for getting out and about isn't it :) #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig