13 January 2015

Alpacas & Narrowboats {Country Kids}

Last Sunday saw a window in the day for some time with my boy.
We dropped his big sister at soft play hell for a party, and headed up to a local village to drop in to say hello to Grandma and Granddad, before going for a stroll along the canal.
I was on the look out for narrowboats.
The boy was on the hunt for alpacas!

Alpacas // 76sunflowers
Alpacas // 76sunflowers
We soon found them on our walk across the fields to find the path down to the canal.
One alpaca in particular kept eyeballing us - I'm not sure what he was thinking.
Canal walk // 76sunflowers
Birdspotting // 76sunflowers
Canal life // 76sunflowers
Canal life // 76sunflowers
The boy led the way down the steep path and soon had his binoculars out looking for narrowboats and trying to identify whether the bird he had spotted was a crow or a rook.
Young photographer // 76sunflowers
Country walk // 76sunflowers
On the return leg the boy decided he would like a go with my camera.
The above image was the resulting shot.
The steep path back to Grandma's for a biscuit!

I'm linking up to Country Kids here...
Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall
x x x
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Sarah MumofThree World17 January 2015 at 08:21

    Love the alpacas! And I always love your canal photos. I wish we could have another canal holiday, but I think only my eldest and I enjoyed our last one :( Such a gorgeous photo of your boy with the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect day to me and what stunning views, it certainly looks like you have a budding photographer there too. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I would love to see how my girls react to a field of alpacas - how nice you have something a bit out of the ordinary to see.
    Those photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :oD Lovely walk. I particularly like the last picture with the caption of biscuit at the end. Here's to lots of lovely walks through 2015 (and avoiding softplay hell)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shot from the boy! What a lovely spot you have to explore, I'm rather envious :) And I love the alpaca giving you the eye as well as your tactic for avoiding soft play hell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outdoors walk to go on with the mixture of alpacas and canal boats! (Mine would love that walk too) Lovely photos x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coombe Mill (Fiona)17 January 2015 at 12:42

    What a great day out, I'm sure it's great for you to have some one on one time with your son whilst your daughter's off at a party. I love the picture of the Alpacas with the one staring at you, we've got one that's more interested in humans than the others. Your son did well with his photo, I'm sure he'll be asking for more goes on the camera as he gets older. Thanks for linking up with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to get some fresh air and far more preferable to soft play hell!! Love your son using the camera, mine is already trying to take photos too #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two of my favourite things! I agree with over40andmumtoone, this sure does beat a soft play centre!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig