26 January 2015

Barges & Bonding {Country Kids}

Barges & Bonding // 76sunflowers
The weekend saw us take a family walk along the much visited local canal.
You may have noticed this is becoming another favourite spot for us. I love eyeing up the barges, the boy has time to spot some birds, the girl can hone her photography skills - she is fast becoming ready to be a mini blogger in her own right, and importantly it is a peaceful spot for some family time.
Barges & Bonding // 76sunflowers
Barges & Bonding // 76sunflowers
We left the car at the in laws and headed across the playing fields which were bathed in sunshine, giving me and the husband the perfect opportunity for a 'shadow selfie'.
Meanwhile the girl was setting up her own camera.
Barges & Bonding // 76sunflowers
Barges & Bonding // 76sunflowers
The canal was looking particularly lovely in the Winter sun and while we sat for a break - ten minutes into the walk!?! - a Kingfisher was spotted across the water.
Barges & Bonding // 76sunflowers
Barges & Bonding // 76sunflowers
Then we walked, and talked, and walked some more.
As we walked along I noticed a pattern emerge.
The girl and daddy strode ahead whilst the boy stuck close to me.
The term 'daddy's girl' definitely rings true in the 76sunflowers family fold - as does 'mummy's boy'.
As they walked I could see their bond getting stronger and stronger...
Barges & Bonding // 76sunflowers
Just look how in sync their footsteps are!

Does this pattern ring true with you?

Linking up with Country Kids
Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall
x x x
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. It is for us, although Matilda is funny in that during the week when I don't see her as much she's more of a mummies girl. But whenever we have a few hours quality time together she's definitely mine. I love it, it's such a different relationship to the one I have with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting and nice to hear from you Ben :) E has her moments with me but she will definitely go for daddy the majority of the time - especially if we have 'fallen out', I become the bad guy very quickly in her eyes but it is the opposite for my boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo's as usual! Nice seeing the Kingfisher too, I saw one the other day they are so beautiful. As for different bonds it is tricky to say here. Bex and Cam have a special bond in what she calls her 'banter' way. Where as her and I are very close in a different way with a bit of banter of course but obviously not in the same league as her and her Dad! Oscar and I are very close too but he has a good relationship with Cam too.

    I would say in the past on walks (with teens it is rarely all four of us now :( ) then we would pair of a bit like you four. I am always a fan of a good bit of walking, talking bonding. Something about being outside that makes things different to when you are at home.

    I love my walks, it is what keeps me sane (ish)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah MumofThree World27 January 2015 at 16:02

    That's lovely. My daughter adores us both and will always say so - her favourite place to be is wedged tightly between us, but at the same time, she is a real daddy's girl! My younger son used to be a mummy's boy, but now he's older and more into sport he's becoming more of a daddy's boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to do lots of canal walks as kids and yes that was certainly true with me and my brother. Monkey is a Mummy's boy but as we only see Daddy P on Sundays, he tends to rule then #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  6. DUDE! I blogged the same thing! haha! I must've passed you along the canal :) It's so peaceful along the river isn't it? We need to have tea and cake there one day. Love the last photo - too flipping cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love canal walks and shadow pictures. Lookalike everyone had fun x

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son loves to be with his Daddy, and is always with him whenever he can. We love our canal walks too-often just short wanders, but perfect as we can do them from our home so no need for bundling up into the car :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to get a map out and find the nearest canal! In our family it's often mummy's girl and daddy's boy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your photos. My father-in-law lives near a canal and it's a wonderful walk with so much to see. I've definitely got a mummy's boy :) #Countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coombe Mill (Fiona)31 January 2015 at 21:27

    I can see why this is a favoured spot, it looks like a greatmix of countryside and the off barge to admire too. I love your adult selfie. Thank you for sharing on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig