15 October 2013

Malt chocolate traybake

Malt chocolate traybake // 76sunflowers


It's been ideal baking time what with the nights drawing in, the weather getting chillier, kiddies lunchboxes needing filling and my diet clearly going down the pan. 
Yesterday I pulled out my 'go to' chocolate traybake recipe and played around with it a bit due to running low on drinking chocolate powder - the kiddies have been having to have hot chocolate every night lately. I did, however, have Ovaltine on the shelf. This gave the traybake a nice malty taste and actually worked really well.

Here's how to make it:

4oz Stork or butter
2 eggs
4oz dark brown soft sugar
5oz drinking chocolate powder (I used 50/50 Cadbury's and Ovaltine Chocolate Light)
1.5oz SR Flour
Milk

Cream the Stork and sugar together until soft.
Beat in the eggs.
Stir in the flour and chocolate powder.
Beat in a splash of milk if stiff.
Spread into a greased and lined tin - mine was 26cm x 18cm - and bake at 170c for about 25 minutes.
Leave to cool.
Slice and enjoy!

x x x


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I am so loving the looks of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm how yummy do your slices look! x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig