22 October 2013

Cupcakes {Chai / Ovaltine}

Cupcakes {Chai / Ovaltine} 76sunflowers

I'm not 100% sure what defines a cupcake. Is it the same as a fairy cake? What I've baked today are what I would usually call a bun. But that seems to have gone out of fashion so I'll stick with cupcake. A naked cupcake if you like as I always picture cupcakes covered in decorative buttercream - which neither of my two children like. Odd things.

Anyhow, today I had a little experiment in the kitchen and played around with my 'go to' 4oz/4oz/4oz and 2 eggs recipe. I wanted to use up my natural yogurt - and cut the fat - and add some flavours; chai for me, Ovaltine chocolate for the kiddies.

Here's what you need and how to do it...

4oz S.R. flour
4oz caster sugar
3oz natural yogurt
1oz Stork (cooking margarine)
2 eggs
0.5oz Chai Latte - Drink Me Chai
0.5oz Ovaltine Chocolate Light

Mix the flour, sugar, yogurt, Stork and eggs in one bowl until smooth.
If making two different flavours of cupcake split the mix equally between two bowls.
Into one bowl mix the Chai Latte powder, into the other the Ovaltine Chocolate powder.
Spoon equally into cupcake cases.
This makes enough mix for six of each.

Bake in the oven 170-180c for about 18 minutes.

Ovaltine Chocolate Cupcakes // 76sunflowers
Chai Latte 'Drink me Chai' Cupcakes // 76sunflowers
Chai Cupcakes // 76sunflowers
Chai Cupcakes // 76sunflowers

I think the chai cupcakes would be extra delicious with the Cinnamon glaze topping I used on my Chai & Cinnamon Loaf - see here for that piece of loveliness!

x x x
 
I'm linking up to Honest Mum's Tasty Tuesday hosted this week by the lovely Capture By Lucy


Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. AnnieMammasaurus22 October 2013 at 20:33

    I would say I'd love one of those with a cup of tea but I'd be lying....I'd love a plate full!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, never thought about putting ovaltine in cake! i'm a big fan of chocolate horlicks...might have to give that a go! same thing, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Putty much I think! The ovaltine gives it a nice malt taste. I often replace drinking choc in recipes with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are pretty small so you'd be excused ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE chai, I will definitely be giving this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would never have thought to put this all together - brilliant thanks so much for linking up and the lovely comment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look gorgeous and sometimes butter cream does over kill a great bun, cupcake, muffin or what ever you like to call them! I have the same dilemma with this and when does a biscuit change into a cookie?!!! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. sarahhillwheeler24 October 2013 at 16:57

    Sounds and looks yummy. I am not a great lover of anything too sweet and these look as if they can be adapted for more grown up tatses...like the chai idea...and they also look nice and moist, whereas may so-called cup cakes tend, for me, to be too dry. Looks like a good half term bake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow these look absolutely divine, so soft and fluffy! Ideal cupcakes in my book! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig