9 October 2013

Tuna & Yogurt Quiche

Tuna & Yogurt Quiche


Please, stick with me, this quiche isn't as odd as it sounds.
I first baked it back in Junior School - something I've been trying to explain to the kiddies. We had a whole classroom devoted to cookery and am sure we made something every week. Well, maybe not every week. I may be looking back on those heady days through rose tinted glasses but we did have a whole room just for cooking. And a whole classroom just for music. Where did it all go wrong?

Anyway, the quiche. I recall making this back in Junior School and loving it. Having still got a pile of natural yogurt from the lovely Yeo Valley folks I thought I should dust off the old recipe and try it on the children.

Upon being told what we were having for tea Edith's reply was, "Oh, yogurt?" Upon consumption she stated, "It's much better than I thought it would be!" and promptly wolfed down the lot.

Here's how to make it...

Make a batch of wholemeal pastry using 175g of wholemeal plain flour, 85g butter and about 3 tbsps of water. Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs then add the water to form a ball of pastry. Wrap in cling film and fridge for about 30minutes, then roll out, line a flan dish and bake it blind.

For the filling simply mix a tin of tuna, 3 eggs, 100g grated cheddar cheese and 165g natural yogurt - I used 3 pots of Baby Yeo Organic Natural Yogurt. Pour this into the blind baked pastry case, sprinkle with a bit more cheddar and bake at 180c for 25-30 minutes until golden on top.

I served mine up with a mountain of cauliflower and broccoli and crispy potatoes for the kiddies.

Enjoy!

x x x
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Yum. I often bake with yogurt. Cakes are also good with yogurt instead of butter or marge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds interesting. If I cook it at my house I will be the only one to eat it. oh well, will still try. I too remember the days were middle school (as it is called here in the states) had music class, art class, and home ec.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think this sounds yummy x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig