5 October 2013

Lemon Curd & Yogurt Muffins

Muffins. I do love a good muffin. As an occasional treat obviously. And I do love a good dollop of lemon curd. Mix the two together and you get these delicious things. Yes, it doesn't have that lovely muffin mound on top but they are delicious.

Lemon Curd & Yogurt Muffins
Having received a delivery of Yeo Valley natural yogurt pots, and having a fussy girl who prefers the pink variety of yogurt, I thought I would use some of the pots in baking.

Here's what to do...
Mix together 225g plain flour, 2 tsps baking powder, a pinch of salt and 100g golden caster sugar in a good sized bowl.

Melt 75g of unsalted butter and combine in a jug with 1 medium egg, 125ml milk and 125g natural yogurt (I used 4 Yeo Baby pots).
Pour the above into the dry ingredients and mix two together until just combined.
Spoon in 150g of lemon curd and stir lightly.
Divide the mix between 12 muffin paper cases and bake at 170c-180c for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Cool on a wire rack.
Eat and enjoy!
x x x
Disclaimer: Yeo Valley sent us samples of their Yeo Baby Organic Natural Yogurts. As always views and opinions are my own.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig