17 June 2012

The Best Chocolate Fudge Cake. Ever.

I have posted this cake a number of times on the blog and it seems to have got you all drooling a bit.


 
So here it is. The recipe for my best cake. Ever.

Chocolate Fudge Cake

For the cake you will need...

6oz butter
4 large eggs
6oz dark brown soft sugar
8oz drinking chocolate
2oz SR Flour

For the buttercream you will need...

3oz butter
3oz icing sugar - sieved
few drops of vanilla extract

For the icing you will need...

1oz butter
4oz icing sugar - sieved
1-2 tbsps milk
1 tbsp cocoa powder

First grease and line two 8" sandwich tins and turn on your oven to 170-180 c.

Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs one by one and beat well.
Sieve the flour and chocolate into the mixture.
Beat well.
Pour into the two tins.
Bake for 30 minutes.

When cool beat the icing sugar, butter and vanilla extract and sandwich the cake together.

To make the topping, gently melt the butter and 1 tbsp of milk.
Beat in the icing sugar and cocoa powder.
If the mixture is too stiff just add more milk.
Pour over the cake.

EAT THE CAKE!!



x x x
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. yum!!!!! Is that a Victoria Plum plate?????? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! My big sis bought it for me when I was about 5!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness this looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum yum!!! Looks like a great recipe and if I can find gluten free drinking choc I can switch the flour and give it a go!!! Or I could be really nice and make it for the rest of the mob.... x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh heck, this post is cocaine to a pregnant lady. Please tell me you'll be bringing some cake along to Britmumslive?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig