2 June 2012

An Olympic Meme

Crank up the national anthem, get out your gold medals because he's back folks. Yes, @SAHDandproud is back with a new blog and already he's out and about tagging for this latest meme sprinting round the block. No list of rules for this one, just a list of Q & As so here goes.

If everyday tasks were an Olympic event what would you get a gold medal in?

Clearly I excel at this motherhood malarkey - stop sniggering at the back - so I deserve a medal for everything that entails. Especially for having the patience to put up with the husband while he 'enjoys' his gardening leave.

As a child, or now even, did you excel at a particular sport?

Excuse me a moment while I pick myself up off the floor from laughing so hard. Actually, now I think about it, I was pretty good at sport as a child. I loved running (?!) and represented the school at cross country and athletics. I even came second in the 200 metres at a Norwich schools meeting! Ha, beat that! Now though I am crap.

Michael Phelps (swimmer) or Michael Johnson (runner) - which sport appeals to you more?

Well, I am a useless swimmer who gets exhausted doing front crawl but also manages to sink doing breaststroke so I would more likely be found lolling around on the poolside with a cold cider. Running? Rubbish at it now but at least there's less chance of my hair getting frizzy.

How fast can you get out of bed and ready to go out the door if you miss the alarm and sleep in?

Sleeping in?! I never sleep in. I have two children and it takes me ages to get ready in the mornings - it's the hair - so I would never, ever, forget to set the alarm.

What fantasy sport would you like to see made into an Olympic event?

Husband housework. Each husband is provided with a mop, vacuum cleaner, cloths etc and put in a regular 3 bed family home. Fastest, and most efficient, husband wins the gold. I do believe that a lot of training will be needed first.

Claim to fame time: have you ever met an Olympian and who was it?

Nope, next question.

What event in past Olympics can you remember most vividly?

Roger Black and co in the 4x400 metres relay (was that the Olympics or World Championships?!) and Michael Johnson running the 400m final in his golden shoes, very pretty.

Tuning in at home or tickets clamped in sweaty palms?

Neither. I might switch on for some athletics as it's always amusing watching men run around in circles in tight Lycra.

Who do you think most deserves a gold medal (any walk of life not just Olympians)?

Brandon Flowers. For proving beards are hot. Fact.

Enough of the drooling, now I have to pass the baton on.

I'm tagging @tattooed_mummy - as she will appreciate the beard - and @thefooltweets as he's super fit ;) - he runs a lot.

x x x




 

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Laughed A LOT at this one, and as I'm in a public place I keep getting looks from people who think I'm a bit mental.
    So glad I tagged you on this. You're one of the good ones and I do so love your blog.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men with beards, in tight lycra, getting all sweaty for gold medals. That's MY type of Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do indeed appreciate the beard!! hoorah!! (I shall blog asap - might have to schedule it though as, like buses, all my memes have come at once ;-))

    oh and my own dear SAHD and husband would win husband housework olympics, he's ace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me giggle. It seems you have similar sporting ability to myself! Thanks for sharing the pic of Brandon, always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig