1 November 2014

Project 365 #44 {Autumn Half Term}

The Autumn half term has always been my favourite break from work.
A gap between two long terms to unwind and enjoy all that Autumn has to offer.

Project 365 #44

Project 365 #44 day 299 - Garden digging // 76sunflowers
Project 365 #44 day 300 - Chocolate fridge cake // 76sunflowers
Project 365 #44 day 301 - Stourhead // 76sunflowers
Project 365 #44 day 302 - Autumn railway // 76sunflowers
Project 365 #44 day 303 - Wellies & leaves // 76sunflowers
Project 365 #44 day 304 - Halloween pumpkin // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 305 - Walking, not running // 76sunflowers
 
Day 299
A hard day in the garden was spent digging over the vegetable patches, clearing an overgrown bed and planting some tulip and allium bulbs. I am such a rubbish gardener so fingers are crossed for some flowers next Spring.
Day 300
Having to wait in today for another internet engineer we went a bit chocolate mad today with some baking. Sugar has been needed a lot this week to calm down the stresses of a very iffy internet connection that just can't seem to be fixed.
Day 301
Time to get out and about for one of our favourite Autumn places, Stourhead. You can see more Autumn colours at Stourhead here.
Day 302
A bit of a mild damp day at home today but we needed some fresh air so went for a walk across the local fields. This involves crossing the railway line where I got told off by the children for pausing to take a picture. Bad parenting skills I know.
Day 303
I took the children to The Courts for a couple of hours today. The carpets of leaves were a delight and obviously we had to play in them.
Day 304
Halloween today! I'm not a big fan of trick or treating but love to carve pumpkins - and roast the seeds and use the flesh in cakes and curries. Tonight we had a garden fire and ate outside, baking our own bread over the flames.
Day 305
Just me and the kiddos this afternoon so we went for a wander around the surrounding villages. I donned my favourite Nike trainers and had a silent weep at the fact I haven't ran in these for eight months. I should have another go, but I must take it easy.

Linking up with The Boy and Me...

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky
x x x
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. Sarah MumofThree World1 November 2014 at 16:13

    Wow, eight whole months since you last ran! Sorry to hear that. Very naughty mummy for taking a photo down the railway line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolates look yummy. I haven't run for ages either, I think about it sometimes, but never actually do it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, hope you get the internet issues sorted soon - such a pain. Feel for you as we have an ongoing Skype issue which is ruining our contact with my parents. That chocolate looks wicked #365

    ReplyDelete
  4. disqus_dIRjNoslsp1 November 2014 at 21:07

    That chocolate looks amazing. Great railway shot but I'd have been too scared to stop! I even hate driving over level crossings! Lol! #365

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pumpkin! We keep saying we are going to visit Stourhead but never quite get there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous photos Viv - autumn rrally comes through and like you i love this time of year. love the leafy shots and the chocolate looks delish! the heart pumpkin is nice - a chnage from what i have seen this year!
    i hope the traybake was nice??? x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the train track picture even if it was a bit naughty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know :( I must try it again soon. And yes, naughty indeed but a very quiet line. Honest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think about it lots. I love it when I actually get out but need that initial push!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's half sorted. Endless new routers/modems but still not quite 100%

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a very quiet line nearby. The kiddos told me off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stourhead is worth the trip especially this kind of year although it does get busier too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Jenny. The heart was for World Vision and the Traybake was yummy! I didn't frost it as was trying to be good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the train track shot and those chocolatey squares look very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! And the Stourhead shot is fantastic - those are the days to remember :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your heart in the pumpkin, amazing capture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many gorgeous Autumn colours and light. Also - that chocolate stuff looks amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. seeing your chocolate has made me crave it now and i havent had my tea yet! lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh that baking looks wonderful! I really like the railway shot, even if you were a bad Mummy to stop on the rails to take it! Hope your Internet connection gets sorted soon, it's so frustrating when it doesn't work isnt' it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Elaine Livingstone3 November 2014 at 19:52

    I was not aware there were train tracks that you could still walk across, I would have thought they would be fenced off, makes for a fab picture though. Look forward to seeing what grows next year, hope your work is worth it. Love the green spotty wellies

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mmmmm chocolate is there any left for me?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sara (@mumturnedmom)5 November 2014 at 02:15

    Gorgeous shots, I can't choose a favourite! Love the feet, love the leaves, and love the view down the railway line :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the track photo. Great colours.. - even if you were naughty... :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig