27 November 2014

Garden & Project Shack {Update} #HDYGG

As I looked out of the window on Sunday I felt uninspired by the garden.
It was damp, muddy and the scrabbling chickens were not helping.
I planted some Spring bulbs a few weeks back and that part of the garden is safely fenced off from the inquisitive chooks.
Determined to find something out there to raise my spirits I took out the camera, bravely switched it to manual and explored.

Autumn Garden // 76sunflowers
Autumn Garden // 76sunflowers
The trees were still demonstrating their Autumnal hues whilst leaving carpets of work for me to rake up.
Autumn Garden // 76sunflowers
Autumn Garden // 76sunflowers
Autumn Garden // 76sunflowers
The tree adjacent to my shack always confuses me as I'm never quite sure when it should flower - with its buds and pink it looks like it should be currently Spring.
Autumn Garden // 76sunflowers
Autumn Garden // 76sunflowers
Outside the greenhouse the Pyracantha is bursting with red berries giving a distinct feel that Christmas is on its way.
Autumn Garden // 76sunflowers
Autumn Garden // 76sunflowers
The end of the garden remains untouched following some hard digging a few weeks back. I'm not sure what to do with the space next to the husband's shed. It has a nice view back up the garden so am torn between turning it into an area within which to sit or just leave it wild and let the children play down there and get muddy.
Autumn Garden // 76sunflowers
Neighbouring trees hang over the rickety old picket fence adding some much needed colour to the garden.
Project Shack // 76sunflowers
Project Shack // 76sunflowers
The exterior of my shack cannot hide the fact that I have neglected it this year - it is crying out for another coat of paint and some cracks in the wooden panels need filling somehow.
Project Shack // 76sunflowers
Project Shack // 76sunflowers
Project Shack // 76sunflowers
Project Shack // 76sunflowers
Inside I had a good tidy up and clear out as the kiddos have recently taken my space over.
I cleared the table top then realised how much the orange wood of the interior makes it look like a sauna - maybe a fresh oilcloth on the table will break it up a bit.
I am tempted to paint internally too but it will be one of those jobs that has to be done right.
I covered the lower half of the shelving unit with my, never to be finished, t-shirt quilt. It actually works quite well and hides boxes of work books and files.
My 'Project Shack' has been on-going since 2008 and looking back to this post in 2012 it seems to be progressing the wrong way!

One day I will get on top of it all.

How is your garden looking at this time of year? 

Linking up with Annie...
Simple Wanderlust

x x x
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Stephanie Robinson27 November 2014 at 17:38

    Those pyracantha berries are fab and I love the rickety old fence with the old fashioned lawn roller. This damp weather is all a bit well damp and dreary isn't it? X #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Pyracantha is looking brilliant. For the second year running we've had no berries on ours, I'm not sure what we're doing wrong. Love your little shack, it has real charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirsty Phillipson-Lowe27 November 2014 at 20:36

    Wow what a fab shed! I love it. The colours in your photographs are lovely to see. I have also been noticing buds on trees, the weather is confusing the plants x #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tshirt quilt envy! Wow it looks great and really stands out in your shack. We had a double garage in that style of wood and sauna-esque is exactly how we used to describe it inside too. A lick of light paint and it would look totally different.
    I so want a little shack in the garden for me to swan off into and get creative! *hatches a plan*
    Loving your photos and the colours (and the roller!) Can I move in please?


    Yours hopefully,


    Saurus


    ps. Thanks for joining in again x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Far too damp and dreary! I need a nice bright cold snap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always been here. We just cut it back so we can into the greenhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks. Just need to cosy it up and use it more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara (@mumturnedmom)29 November 2014 at 03:43

    Wow, those berries are fabulous! I would love a space that was all mine to escape to in the garden, perhaps I should add that to my list for next year! Love the t-shirt quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love my own shed - any space that is "mine" is shared with animal feed tubs or recycling or the car! I reckon I should get an old armchair and put it in the polytunnel and escape there when I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in love with your shack - how cool is that!! Could really do with something similar, and child free too! Your Pyracantha is looking very festive :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig