7 November 2014

The Courts & Forest School Play {Country Kids}

The Courts {Country Kids} // 76sunflowers
So my favourite break from work, the October half term, is sadly over.
Now we are back on the treadmill and juggling the balls of school, work and family life.
Time to look back on those heady days of being a SAHM and sigh at how I didn't appreciate it at the time!
Anyway, we had a fantastic week with no alarms to dictate our days.
The children were keen to go The Courts gardens, a nearby National Trust location.
It has the perfect balance of gardens, lawns, orchards and Forest School area to keep the adults and children entertained.
The Courts {Country Kids} // 76sunflowers
Since I have been lucky enough to have my own DSLR camera the girl has been desperate to get her hands on my old compact. She is definitely my daughter as she spent half her time taken boot shots - blogger in the making maybe?!
The Courts {Country Kids} // 76sunflowers
The Courts {Country Kids} // 76sunflowers
The Courts {Country Kids} // 76sunflowers
 The leaves were asked to be explored; kicked, thrown and hidden behind.
The Courts Forest School {Country Kids} // 76sunflowers
The Courts Forest School {Country Kids} // 76sunflowers
The Courts Forest School {Country Kids} // 76sunflowers
The Courts Forest School {Country Kids} // 76sunflowers
The Courts Forest School {Country Kids} // 76sunflowers
The Forest School area here is a big hit with my two and they happily played for an hour. I noted some ideas for work whilst they explored the dens, played in the sand kitchen and clambered over the logs. It made me realise that this kind of area, and opportunity for outdoor learning, should be embedded in schools, no matter how old the children are. I don't think they ever grow out of this sort of play!
 
Linking up with the super Country Kids...
Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall
x x x
 

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. That looks like a lot of fun-National Trust properties know how to make the most of their surroundings don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. samantha rickelton8 November 2014 at 11:26

    Forest school looks like so much fun and great pics capturing the colours of Autumn #Countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! The great outside has lots to offer us, the beach when my two were younger, now jumping off fallen tree's and climbing them is enjoyed by Oz (13) and Bex still enjoys the great outdoors just not with us...growing up! Me, I love nothing more than sticking on my wellies and getting away from it all! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coombe Mill (Fiona)8 November 2014 at 14:52

    I so agree with your last sentence, I think Coombe Mill is one big forest school without me even realise what I've been creating over the years. It is areas like this that kids love to make their own, add to and develop. Looks like a perfect find in a National Trust site. I love the rules board too, great idea. thank you for sharing your day out with me on Country Kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for popping over to comment on my post, so happy to have found your lovely blog. Hopefully you'll add some of your outdoor posts to the linky I have going fortnightly. I am off to get lost in your blog for the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a great place to explore, Monkey would love it there #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks amazing and so much fun! Love the photos especially the leaf throwing one! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig