13 August 2014

The French Edition {HDYGG}

{HDYGG} France
I haven't joined in with Manneskjur's How Does Your Garden Grow? for quite a while but wandering around the in laws' garden today in France I couldn't resist snapping some pics and posting them here.

A quick back story - the in laws bought a pretty much derelict house in France some years ago and have slowly and painstakingly converted it into a habitable home. It is still not finished and sadly we will never see it fully complete as they have sold and are returning to England next month. So, this week I visited with the children for the first, and last, time.

Here is the beautiful garden that they transformed from a mass of overgrowth.

{HDYGG} France
{HDYGG} France
{HDYGG} France
{HDYGG} France
{HDYGG} France
{HDYGG} France
{HDYGG} France
{HDYGG} France

Daisies, marigolds, dahlias, a lone sunflower, roses, hydrangeas, cosmos and geraniums in window boxes.

Just beautiful.

I'll be linking up with Manneskjur...

Manneskjur

x x x

 

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. sabrina montagnoli14 August 2014 at 10:05

    So beautiful I love the naturalness of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh very beautiful,what a georgeous place. A shame you wont see it completed or be able to holiday there any longer

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful little place. sad they are not keeping it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a beautiful place - love the blue shutters with bright red flowers. Nice garden, sunflowers too *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Southbourne Gardens14 August 2014 at 16:40

    What a beautiful garden. They must be sad to leave it behind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I so want to visit there! It looks so pretty! Lovely photos xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosie @Eco-Gites of Lenault14 August 2014 at 21:19

    So sad they are leaving such a lovely garden behind but I am glad you got to visit with your children before they left.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place. I would love to own a place in France. Love the pretty window boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely flowers! I'm sure they will miss the beauty that they created there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen Sims The good life mum15 August 2014 at 18:29

    So pretty and so french yr making me nostalgic for my french tour i took in my 20's

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful and it must have been some work involved in turning it all around too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope they manage to achieve something similar back in England. Some lovely English touches mixed with French favourites.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig