6 August 2014

Camp Bestival Diary 2014 {Friday}

Camp Bestival Diary 2014 {Friday} // 76sunflowers
And so on to Friday at Camp Bestival 2014, the first proper full day at the festival.
We woke up from a cosy night's sleep with the boy pretty much on top of me and the girl on the floor. We breakfasted on bagels and Nutella and the camping classic of mini boxes of cereal. Toilets survived and a quick tent style wash and we were ready to go. It was a bit of a dull start weather wise but that didn't dampen our spirits as we filled the day from 09:00 to 00:00.
Camp Bestival 2014 // 76sunflowers
Camp Bestival 2014 // 76sunflowers
Camp Bestival 2014 // 76sunflowers
Camp Bestival 2014 // 76sunflowers
The Kid's Garden was explored from top to bottom with something to do for all five children in the gang. We stalked the crowd from the amazing Camera Obscura and made hoops big and small. Lego always catches the attention of the boy and half an hour was spent chilling in the Lego Experience listening to the familiar sound of hands rummaging through bricks. A puppet show for all ages - Johnny Vegas eating the cat was funnier than it sounds. Then the boy's favourite activity of attacking the blob - after this pic was snapped they proudly "took him down".
Camp Bestival 2014 // 76sunflowers
Camp Bestival // 76sunflowers
Camp Bestival 2014 // 76sunflowers
In the afternoon we explored the Magic Meadow with more people watching from the top of Oberon's Observatory. The green space in the meadow was used for a good hour of hoop tossing as the kiddies clearly hadn't burnt enough of their energy yet. 
Camp Bestival 2014 // 76sunflowers
James at Camp Bestival 2014 // 76sunflowers
Following a rather yummy tea at Pieminister - £16 got us Freeranger Chicken pie, mash and gravy, Heidi pie, mash and onions and Sausage Roll and mash - it was off to the Castle Stage for an evening of fantastic music from Johnny Marr and James. The children chilled in their newly acquired onesies whilst the grown ups enjoyed some amazing music. I loved the set from James which took me back to my teenage days - such an awesome band and a great way to round off the first full day.

You can read about Thursday here, Saturday here and Sunday here!

x x x

www.campbestival.net

Disclaimer: I received family Camp Bestival 2014 tickets in return for previews and reviews of this year's festival. As always, views and opinions are my own.

Photo credit: Thank you Camp Bestival for the use of the final picture.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Coombe Mill (Fiona)6 August 2014 at 09:10

    Lots of fun, I've seen some lovely tweets coming out from there, great to see the photos too. Hope you will join me for Country Kids with this. What a great time you all had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again awesome and for Breaking Bad fans I think the resemblance to Heisenberg is strong in that fab last shot! I love how the clouds and rain didn't stop play - actually turned out to be a chance to cool down! Loving the happy faces again in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm the only person not to have seen Breaking Bad. In my eyes Tim Booth is an awesome dancing God :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I will! Haven't linked up in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a pretty similar Friday to us. I loved James and bounced about enthusiastically with Robo Boy on my back for a large part of their set. Also yes he is an awesome dancing God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He needs to do lessons! I would pay a lot for those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your 'diary' approach to your review posts! Was fab seeing you on Saturday for our Pimms get together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. James was awesome! Sadly I had to miss half of his performance due to dog sitting drama at home. But I did catch all of Johnny Marr and he was AMAZING! Wish we'd seen the hoop making.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Nadine. So much to write and so many photos I had to split it all up! Lovely to see you too x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really enjoyed Johnny Marr but James was my highlight - lifelong fan! Dog sitting drama?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great photos. We missed James and Johnny Marr (sob!) as shattered kids but such an amazing time was had. Love your photos and your diary posts - definitely too much for just one blog post! x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig