26 March 2013

Chai & Cinnamon Loaf {#pinaddicts March}

It's the Easter holidays and time to try something new in the baking department.

Edith has discovered a love of Hot Cross Buns so I am hoping she will love this loaf full of spices as much as I love how it sounds.

I pinned this to my Scrumdiddlyumptious Baking board yonks ago. I tend to do that a lot.

Drool over it, pin it, drool over it again, never actually bake it.

Today though was the day.

 
I had to improvise a little with the spices in that I had no ground cardamom or ground cloves so instead just smashed up some cloves and pods.

I also had to do some conversions from American cups to grams.

Here's what you need:

  • 120g stork
  • 150g caster sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 120ml Twinings chai tea - I used two tea bags for extra chai!
  • 80ml milk
  • 2tsp vanilla essence
  • 250g plain flour
  • 2tsp baking powder
  • Approx measurements of spices: 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp smashed ground cloves, 1/4 tsp smashed ground cardamom
  • 1/2 tsp salt


First mix the stork and sugar then add the eggs, tea, milk and vanilla. It will look a bit like milkshake at this stage.

Then beat in the flour, baking powder, spices and salt.

Pour into a greased and lined loaf tin and bake for 50+ mins at 170-180c until slightly golden.

Let it sit in the tin for 10 minutes. (This is important as I forgot this bit and a chunk fell off!)

Remove from tin and allow to cool completely.

Optional glaze topping - adapted from original

  • 60g icing sugar
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
  • 2 tsps milk
  • a shake of ground cinnamon
Mix the icing sugar, vanilla, milk and cinnamon.

Drizzle over the loaf in an artistic kind of way. Sort of.

 
Please, take my word for it when I say it is delicious.
 
I am linking up to the March #pinaddicts challenge.

The #pinaddicts challenge works as follows:

Pin to your #pinaddicts board on Pinterest.
Choose something to make for the challenge.
In your post put the original image with original links.
Post your fantastic effort at recreating.

Link up and go and check out the other #pinaddicts at the pinaddicts challenge SITE!
 
x x x


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Mmmnnn that looks and sounds delicious. I shall be trying it out soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I'm getting hungry now! I'm going to try out this recipe over Easter weekend, my family will love it! :D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig