27 March 2013

Chocolate Bark

I have seen tons of this stuff everywhere in various guises and needed to make some for myself.
Today was the day.
I had a couple of hours to myself - yes, ALL BY MYSELF - and I managed to get my sewing fix, next month's #pinaddicts challenge, and chocolate fix into that precious time.
So, back to the chocolate bark.
 
 
It is so simple to do and you can put almost anything in it.

Ready salted crisps and chocolate anyone?!



I gathered my goodies.

 
 
I made three different batches.
 
The first consisted of 100g dairy milk chocolate and 50g white chocolate.

Simply melt them separately - I did this slowly in a bowl over boiling water.

Once melted spread the milk chocolate over baking paper then spoon some white dollops on top.

With a skewer make swirly patterns.

Then decorate - I used M&Ms and mini eggs.

I then reversed the colours using 100g white chocolate and 50g dairy milk chocolate.



 
 
Next I really wanted to make a nutty bark but was clean out of peanuts, almonds, pistachios, you name a nut - I did not have it.
 
Instead I had a bag of ready salted crisps so I chucked some of them over some melted dairy milk.





All three barks were put in the fridge for about an hour to set.

Then just crack it and enjoy!



Oh, the crisps and chocolate? They actually work really well together.

Give it a go!

x x x
I am throwing this blog post into the competition hat of Tots 100 and Center Parcs - wish me luck!



SHARE:

11 comments

  1. In the same way that peanut butter and marmite should not go together, I applaud your combinations. Looks delicious. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peanut butter and marmite? Mmm interesting!

      Delete
  2. I need this in my life! I think even I could make this. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing, though I would have to try the chocolate and crisp combo to believe you about the last one! Definitely going to give that a go though, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing good. I will be giving this a go this weekend! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realise bark was that easy to make. Yum I love crisps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks sooooo yummy! Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a good long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm delicious. Not convinced on the crisps though, I'll think it through! :) Thanks for linking up to my Easter Linky. xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig