31 May 2014

365 #22 {Half Term}

A perfectly timed break to recharge the batteries and spend some quality with my two lovelies.
We made the most of our local favourite places and took the time to chill and enjoy.

365 #22

Project 365 day 145 - peonies // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 146 - The Courts // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 147 - Stourhead // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 148 - Chilling // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 149 - Dyrham Park // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 150 - Tea // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 151 - Newark Park // 76sunflowers

Day 145
I walk by these flowers every time I go to and from my front door but never take the time to fully appreciate them. Such a shame as they are so beautiful.
Day 146
We spent a couple of hours at The Courts on Bank Holiday Monday and the boy loved the ship in the Forest School area. There's more about The Courts here.
Day 147
A day out at Stourhead. Such a beautiful place. You can see more here.
Day 148
Report writing for most of the day but I gave myself a break to watch Star Wars with the kiddies. I can't believe it has taken me this long to actual get into the whole Star Wars thing. Ewan McGregor helps.
Day 149
Back out today, this time for a few hours at Dyrham Park. So much space and gardens to enjoy here, even though we got soaked on the way back up the hill to the car.
Day 150
A friend popped round today who I don't see enough of since she moved away. The children played while we drank lots of tea and talked. It's so good to just sit and talk sometimes.
Day 151
I think the National Trust membership paid for itself this week as today we did our fourth visit, this time though to somewhere new. We headed up to Gloucestershire to visit Newark Park. We didn't go around the house but we loved the gardens and woodland estate walks. I just loved the colour of the door on the property with the flowers growing wild in front.

Linking up here...
TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky
x x x
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Sara (@mumturnedmom)31 May 2014 at 20:29

    Lovely photos this week, glad you've had such a great half term. The flowers in the first and last shots are beautiful and I love the Forest School ship. You've certainly made good use of your National Trust membership this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've had a great half term. I am seriously considering getting National Trust Membership

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers and I love the look of the ship! #365

    ReplyDelete
  4. the first photo is stunning, so glad you are loving Star wars, I have a 7 year old boy and its always on, I too have learn to appreciate it, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. chantelle hazelden31 May 2014 at 21:28

    those flowers are absolutely stunning, so vibrant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww I am so pleased that you have enjoyed a wonderful week with your children with no school!! I am sad that my week with my two is coming to an end too :(
    I havent seen Star Wars in years - my brother was obsessed with it when he was young xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. disqus_dIRjNoslsp31 May 2014 at 22:37

    A great week! I love the photo of the Peonies at the top! #365

    ReplyDelete
  8. RollercoasterMum1 June 2014 at 01:07

    Gorgeous photos - I love the peonies and that boat looks like great fun (love the ship's dog!) I think I may have to invest in National Trust membership - the girls love going to their places but never yet invested- maybe next year! I really have to visit Stourhead one day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah MumofThree World1 June 2014 at 08:16

    Lovely photos as ever. Sounds like you've really been making the most of half-term. You're right, it's definitely nice to just sit and chat sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to have had your week! Loved your photo's tweeted out throughout the week, they are gorgeous and say so much about you! Glad you had a lovely time and it will be the Summer holiday's before you know it!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elaine Livingstone1 June 2014 at 15:28

    I need to renew my Historic Scotland membership, so much to see and appreciate, and places to hide when the rain starts.
    Its amazing how kids will watch films made so long ago and still enjoy them, love the 2 pairs of feet
    I need toi catch up with my friend Sam one day soon, time flies too quickly

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely week of outdoorsiness! Shame about the reports in the middle but Ewan would definitely help!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sabrina montagnoli2 June 2014 at 00:01

    Great out and about photos though I must say you relaxing with a bit of tele is a great moment. I love the idea of the two teacups photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely shots of the week - looking at them I suddenly really missed the English countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  15. National Trust membership is great isn't it, we've certainly got our money back already #365

    ReplyDelete
  16. The peonies are beautiful.

    It must have been great catching up with your friend. I have some friends I've not seen for nearly 4 years. Thank goodness for Facebook..

    ReplyDelete
  17. You really do get your money's worth with the National Trust, I am thinking about getting a pass so that it will give me a good excuse to get the kids out more. Gorgeous flowers this week, those flowers in the last photo are everywhere this year

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig