10 May 2014

365 #19 {Birthday Boy}

This week saw the sixth birthday of the boy which led to some mixed emotions on my part.
But I discovered that lots of cake is always a good medicine for that.
The work/life balance continues to elude me  - not quite sure if I'll ever find the solution to that. Answers on a postcard please.

365 #19

Project 365  day 124 - Doombar // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 125
Project 365  day 126 - Presents // 76sunflowers
Project 365  day 127 - Birthday! // 76sunflowers
Project 365  day 128 - Yoga dreaming // 76sunflowers
Project 365  day 129 - Always right?? // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 130 - Rubber ducks // 76sunflowers


Day 124
Sunday, but it felt like a Saturday so I snuck off to have a bottle of ale in the bath.
Day 125
Bank Holiday birthday party for the boy today. He chose the local soft play centre with a couple of friends And, importantly, chocolate fudge cake.
Day 126
Presents wrapped and ready.
Day 127
Presents opened in record time. More Star Wars Lego equalled a very happy boy.
Day 128
My tiredness peaks on a Thursday and tonight I read about, rather than practised, yoga. I need to do the latter more to clear my mind.
Day 129
I felt a bit lonely over breakfast today and started to question the caption on my mug.
Day 130
A wet wash out today. I have a cold that appeared with a headache overnight. And after a massive depressing mope I climbed into a hot bubble bath where I sat and snivelled. I must sort myself out!

For some more Project 365ers head over to The Boy and Me...

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky
x x x
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. disqus_dIRjNoslsp10 May 2014 at 20:11

    Awe, I know what you mean about them turning 6! No longer babies :( Great photo's. That cake looks lush x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday - bet he loved that cake, it looks fab #365

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah MumofThree World10 May 2014 at 21:30

    Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but love the ducks in the bath photo! Birthday cake looks amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday to your son, the cake looks fab :) hope your feeling better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the birthday cake and the pressie opening shots, so great. So sorry you were not feeling great at the end of the week but that bath of ducks had to have cheered you up lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww they grow up wayyyyyy too quick dont they? I love the "Always Right" Mug! FAB #Project365

    ReplyDelete
  7. A big Happy Birthday to your little boy - that angry birds wrapping paper is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your son, I hope he had a great time - fabulous cake! I hope you're alright, that looks like an ace bath, the one with ale and the ducks x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sara (@mumturnedmom)11 May 2014 at 00:22

    Happy birthday to your boy, we love Lego here too :) So sorry you're not feeling too well, hope you shift the cold. Love the ducks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like your boy had a lovely birthday. Hope the ducks in the bath cheered you up - great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cake. My 6yo is turning 7 next month and I'm not at all ready for it

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is an AWESOME birthday cake. Happy birthday little man xx (Good Luck on the work life balance thing

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmmm chocolate fudge cake always a good one for birthdays! i hope he had an awesome time and more Lego yay!
    I dont know how you balance your work life balance malarky - i think all you can do is your best my lovely and look forward to the weekends and holidays (hugs) x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. RollercoasterMum12 May 2014 at 01:32

    Wish I could help you on the work/life balance but I'm not very good at it. My youngest turned 6 last December but she will always be my baby however old she is! I hope that bath and those very cheerful ducks made you feel better. Fab photos as always x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sabrina montagnoli12 May 2014 at 21:05

    Happy birthday to your wee man...great cake! I teeter a lot with work life balance.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Elaine Livingstone13 May 2014 at 22:00

    Happy Birthday, six is such a big age to be. Like the cake, looks very colourful and you cant go wrong with lego. The ducks are great bright colours, I miss my bath, only got a shower here

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to love going to yoga. The best sessions I had were in Barbados, very uplifting and energising.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're allowed to snivel in a bath sometimes feeling sorry for yourself, and you're always right but some people don't know the success criteria for that judgement ;-)

    Thanks for linking up to Project 365, new linky live from 9pm tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow what a week! that cake looks amazing and we are all allowed days feeling like that!

    sorry for the delay in getting round #365 x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig