3 May 2014

365 #18 {Looking on the bright side}

Sometimes it's hard to stay positive.
I chant mantras in my head that things could be a whole lot worse.
And they could. Easily.
But this isn't the place to get miserable so I've looked for things to brighten up my week.

365 #18

Project 365 day 117 - Stripey dog // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 118 - Piano plants // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 119 - Angry chicken // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 120 - sunshine through the clouds // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 121 - Love // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 122 - Black Sheep Ale // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 123 - Ladybird // 76sunflowers
 
Day 117
A wet Sunday full of work and chores. Strudel the dog has sat on our window sill for many a year brightening up the dreariest of days.
Day 118
I checked out the plants today growing in the conservatory. The sunflowers and beans are doing really well and the tomatoes aren't too far behind. The piano never gets played in case you're wondering.
Day 119
The chickens came up to the back door to greet me this morning. Currently very muddy and patiently waiting for their coop to be moved. Again. They always make me smile though, however muddy they get.
Day 120
The sun reappeared following days of rain and cloud. Such a welcoming sight.
Day 121
Not too late to bed tonight. I found the Good Luck card that the children had given me at the beginning of last week. I really feel I need some at the moment.
Day 122
The Friday feeling is so good now and I have a new routine of a sneaky ale in the evening to unwind. Tonight it accompanied a pile of work that I wanted to clear ahead of the long weekend so not quite as relaxing as usual.
Day 123
A lovely afternoon in the sun today at a local National Trust property, The Courts. We spotted this little ladybird resting on a stick in the Forest Schools area.
 
Linking up with the lovely The Boy and Me. Go and check out some other photo stories...
 
TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky
x x x
 

 
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Great photos! I love Sturdel the dog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah MumofThree World3 May 2014 at 19:49

    Sorry to hear it's hard to stay positive sometimes :( I hope things start to pick up for you. I love your colourful dog, Strudel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Strudle, he's ace - such bright colours! Great to hear you have some growth in the conservatory, its so nice seeing seedlings grow. Hopefully you got to brush away the cobwebs at The Courts, great ladybird photo. Hopefully next week will be better x

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are some amazing pictures, they made me smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. chantelle hazelden3 May 2014 at 22:00

    hope you've managed to stay positive. I love the photograph of the sky, very dramatic looking #project365

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angela Tartan tastes in Texas3 May 2014 at 22:17

    Love that chicken ! "Look into my eye" lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara (@mumturnedmom)4 May 2014 at 00:25

    Love strudel! The photo of the sun through the clouds is beautiful and the shot of the lady bird is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The third shot of the chicken is my favourite - fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That chicken photo is amazing and I adore the colourful dog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sabrina montagnoli4 May 2014 at 21:14

    Love thar chicken photo! I'm visiting now to have a nice ale with you I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elaine Livingstone4 May 2014 at 22:02

    the chicken looks like its coming to eat you....
    We all need to unwind sometimes, and hope you took some of the weekend off.
    The dog looks like he would brighten your day

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like strudel the dog - I want one!!
    It is hard to stay positive at times but you've done the right thing by finding things to keep your spirits up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sorry times are a little tough at the moment (hugs) but finding the positives is the best thing to do.
    i love your sausage dog he is very cheery looking and dear little ladybirds they make me smile . xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. RollercoasterMum12 May 2014 at 01:36

    I realisedI hadn't commented last week! I love love love Strudel the dog - he would definitely cheer you up. Your chicken photos are great too. I hope the work thing settles down and gets easier.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the dog on the windowsill, he looks great fun!

    Thanks for linking up to Project 365, the new linky is now live.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig