5 February 2012

Chocolate Melty Cake!

He's back! I let him out of the cupboard, shook the dust off him so My Fabulous Baker Boy could show you how to make Chocolate Melty Cake!


It is such a simple cake bar to make and there's no cooking involved - you just need your hob and your fridge.
And a couple of willing helpers - get to work kiddies!


To start with you will need a tin measuring approx. 10" x 7" lined with baking parchment.

In a pan weigh out 6oz stork, 3 tbsps of cocoa or drinking chocolate powder, 1-2 tbsps caster sugar, 1-2 tbsps golden syrup and 3oz of sultanas or raisins.
Gently warm the pan until the ingredients are melted together.


Put the digestive biscuits into a ziplock bag about 6 at a time and ask your helper to bash the crap* lumps out of them until there are, well, no lumpy bits!
*I am a responsible parent so I did not literally tell my daughter to beat the "crap" out of the biscuits but you get the idea!


Stir the aforementioned beaten biscuits into the melted mixture.


Press this into the tin and put in the fridge until cool and firm.


Melt 300g of chocolate.

Pour this over the top of the biscuit base and cool again in the fridge.


Cut into squares and eat!


Enjoy x
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. ohhh, this looks good - thanks for the recipe - think we might try it next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I want one (or more) NOW!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look gosh-darned amazing, it has to be said.

    How long did they last before being scoffed?

    I found your blog via Mother Venting nominating you for a sunshine award thingy. I think you should check it out before she gets mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are still in the fridge!! (I don't like plain chocolate -lovingly made for the OH!)
      Thanks for coming over from MV x

      Delete
  4. Oh my that is a delicious looking cake and fun to make too! I might have to make some this month x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this looks yum! Definitely going to try it. I might sneak some pumpkin seeds in.

    (I'm visiting today from the Love All Blogs showcase)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig