23 February 2012

Shabby Chic Kitchen - with an emphasis on the shabby

I have a small kitchen.
I have a very small kitchen.
When we bought our house the kitchen units were a very dark brown with fetching brown tiles.
I have remedied this with cupboard and tile paint.
However, the general quality of the kitchen is still a bit iffy and I have had a missing cupboard door for quite some time.
It was bothering me.
So, now that I am a sewing extroadinaire*, I thought I would make a fabric door for the space. Sort of along the shabby chic line of kitchen design. Move over Cath Kidston.

While I was at it I also made a cover for the monstrosity that is my washing machine. I still can't get away from the noise it produces though. I live in hope that this kitchen will one day be my utility room, and what a damn fine utility room it will be.

My Shabby Chic Kitchen!


*well, I can use a sewing machine.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I love it! Love Shabby Chic, love Cath Kidston and now I love your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is bigger than mine! Love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You kitchen looks lovely and the curtain covers do exactly what you intended. Like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tagged you on my meme post - hope that is okay.
    http://www.littlebluefeet.com/2012/02/mothers-work-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it looks much better painted white doesn't it? And definitely on trend with the shabby chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes a small kitchen is good- less space to spread out, get messed up and then have to clear up! Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely, so fresh and pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig