17 February 2012

My Difficult Dozen

I've been tagged by the beautiful Bluebird Sunshine to join in the rather difficult blogger's dozen meme thingy doing the rounds. For this I have to follow the following rules:

The rules:

1. You must post the rules
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself in the blog post
3. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you in their post and then create 12 new questions for the fellow bloggers you plan to tag
4. Tag 12 people and link to them on your blog
5. Let them know you tagged them

So, number 1. check! Onto number 2....

12 fun facts about myself
That's fun so I can't tell you anything depressing or negative. Hmmmmm, here goes....

1. I used to go to disco/modern dance class as a teenager and I would happily wear lycra and jazz shoes with neon ankle warmers over the top!
2. I'm a Norfolk gal born and bred and when I speak to my Mum on the phone my accent comes pouring out which the husband finds hilarious.
3. My favourite perfume is Alfred Sung - Forever.
4. I lived in Wellesley, MA, USA for a year when I was 19 - still one of the best years of my life.
5. I make a mean lasagne.
6. I used to go all night clubbing at the Que Club in Birmingham - man, those were the days!
7. I love pear cider.
8. I drink about 4 mugs of Earl Grey tea a day.
9. I have to go to the toilet before a meal regardless of whether I actually need to.
10. If Eric Bana threw himself at me I would cheat on my husband - ditto Brandon Flowers!
11. Avocados are my favourite fruit but I dislike avocado bathroom suites.
12. I love Marmite.

Number 3
Answer the questions from Bluebird Sunshine!

1. What’s your favourite cheese?
It has be a well matured cheddar. You can't beat it on toast, fresh bread, on pasta....

2. Where in Europe would you go, or have you been lucky enough to have been, on a romantic weekend getaway?
Romantic break?!! *guffaws* I still dream of being taken to Paris. I went there as a teenager on school trips but really want to go back as a proper grown up - with the husband I suppose!

3. Do you have a beauty regime, if so what is it?
Not really. Face wipes at night and some moisturiser. Face wash in the morning and some moisturiser. Probably why I look so bloody haggard!

4. What song would you do at karaoke?
The Killers - Mr Brightside

5. Name something you dread doing.
Karaoke.

6. Post your favourite photo, of anything, from any time.
There are so many photos I could post here but this is one I just love.


7. If you suddenly had an extra hour in the day today, what would you do with it?

Drink an extra pear cider.

8. What’s your favourite family tradition?
My family didn't really go in for traditions but I am continuing a tradition from my husband's side of the family and that is.......vol-au-vents with garlic mushrooms and prawns in seafood dressing on Christmas Eve!!

9. Do you believe in ghosts or spirits?
Yes, I have sensed some kind of presence in my house. I felt what I thought was my husband standing next to me so I started chatting to him - he was still out.

10. If you could choose anyone at all to write a guest post on your blog, who would it be?
Brandon Flowers - and I would make him sit in my house to do it!

11. What are your top three girls and top three boys names?
Girls: Edith, Iris & Mabel
Boys: Alban, Arthur & Albert

12. Tell me one thing you really want to do before the year is over.
Get my first tattoo.

My 12 questions:
1. Who is your celebrity crush?
2. What is your tipple of choice?
3. Who was the first musical act you saw live?
4. What was the first car you owned?
5. Where were you born and do you still live anywhere near there?
6. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
7. Can you speak any foreign languages, fluently?
8. What fictional book would you recommend I read?
9. What is your best skill?
10. Facial hair (on a man!) - Yes or No?
11. Marmite - love or hate?
12. Brandon Flowers - Hot or Not?!

Number 4
I now tag.....
@CatParrott
@Mum2babyinsomni
@MascaraAndMud
@TheFoolTweets
@over_a_cuppa
@TheCrumbyMummy
@butwhymummywhy
@stressymummy
@MuddlingAlong
@ageingmatron
@mummyglitzer
@apartyofseven

Number 5
I'm off to tweet them right now!

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Love it! This is one hell of a meme! Will get onto it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, well, thank you. You managed that gracefully. Not sure I shall. But I do like Marmite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tag! Looking forward to joining in! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for doing this lovely, I know it was mammoth. You didn't have to give away your TV guilty pleasure at least. Have loved reading more about you. My husband used to be a Que Club regular too. And Marmite? No, no, no, I must convert you somehow to Vegemite. Marmite is just inferior ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your Brandon Flowers theme! Looking forward to seeing a pic of your first tattoo ;) x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig