12 October 2014

Let's Go Fly a Kite {Photography}

Yesterday we headed up to the White Horse at Westbury, Wiltshire with kites and camera packed.
This is a popular spot locally but one we don't visit that often. I'm not sure why as it is perfect for blowing away the cobwebs.
I set the camera up, or so I thought, but for a while every snap was pure white - not sure what was going on there - but then I sussed it out. Kind of.
I'm gaining in confidence just to play around with settings and see what happens, such is the joy of digital photography.
Does anyone else have memories of their Dad only letting you have one go with the camera due to processing costs?!
What I need to do now is actually make a note of the what I have done with the camera for each shot so I can compare one image to another and at least try to begin to understand what is working and what is not.
Here are some of the snaps I took using my Canon 1200d on a variety of settings - I even braved the manual switch.

Sunny sky // 76sunflowers
Sunny sky // 76sunflowers
 Sunny sky // 76sunflowersDark sky // 76sunflowers
Sunny sky // 76sunflowers
Split sky // 76sunflowers
Dark sky // 76sunflowers

The weather gave me some great backdrops with the afternoon starting with bright sunshine before the dark clouds rolled in from the town.
At times the sky was split down the middle not really knowing what to do with itself.
The children, and the husband, had a great time with their kites waiting patiently for the wind to pick up before hoisting it up into the sky.
What a simple joy it is just to run across green grass with a colourful kite on the end of its string.
Then the inevitable rain came so another simple pleasure; we grabbed an ice lolly from the ever present ice cream van and headed for cover in the car.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig