24 October 2014

Beef & Three Bean Slow Cooker Chilli

Now that the nights are drawing in, and I await the cold crisp Autumn days, my thoughts turn to hearty stews and warming chillis.
I have had a slow cooker for a few years and have used it only a handful of times.
This year I vow for that to change.
I blew the dust off it this week and had a bash at a slow cooked chilli using the available contents of my cupboard.
Such is the joy of slow cooking - just chuck in what you've got, cross your fingers and switch it on!

Beef & Three Bean Slow Cooker Chilli // 76sunflowers
I used:
500g beef mince
1 onion
1 red onion
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 tin kidney beans
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tin kidney beans
1 tin butter beans - drained
1 tin baked beans
1 tbsp. tomato puree
1 tbsp. hot chilli powder
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. salt
a few twists of black pepper

Simply brown the mince in a frying pan, drain the fat and add to the slow cooker with all of the above.
Mix well.
Cook on low for about 8 hours.

This made 4-6 tasty servings with just the right amount of punch from the chilli for adults and children alike.

x x x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig