25 November 2013

Cherry Traybake

Cherry Traybake // 76sunflowers
Following Stir Up Sunday and Christmas Pudding making yesterday I had some left over glace cherries, and as always had a pot of natural yogurt in the fridge, so made a rather scrumptious Cherry Traybake.
___
210g SR flour
180g caster sugar
150g Stork
150ml natural yogurt
half tsp baking powder
3 eggs
 
Mix all of the above until smooth.
Stir in 12 chopped glace cherries and 6 chopped large marshmallows.
Spread into a greased and lined 20cm x 30cm tin.
Bake at 170c for 30-35 minutes until springy to the touch and lightly golden.
___
The marshmallows add some chewy surprises and extra sweetness but am sure this would work just as well without them.
 
Enjoy!
 
x x x
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I think even I might be able to manage that. I like to make a cake for my Dad whenever he comes down - this is what he is getting. Can I ask, what does the yoghurt do? Is it a moisture thing? (I know very little about baking!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are going to keep on doing yummy recipe posts you are going to have to start posting out slices of cake - you know this yes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious. So funny, we did the same with glace cherries to use up yesterday, but just made boring old shortbread... Next time I shall make this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been using yogurt more to replace the high amount of butter or marg in a recipe so technically healthier ;) It gives the finished cake a 'stickier' and cheesier feel but it delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My scales are telling me I may have to cut back on the baking Annie :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to to thank you for this excellent read!! I absolutely
    enjoyed every little bit oof it. I haave got you saved as a favorite
    to look at new stuff yyou post…

    Look into my website; Euro Truck Simulator 2 download

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig