6 November 2013

Up Close at Stourhead

Stourhead - Autumn

I think it's been well documented on this very blog how much we love visiting the National Trust and Stourhead. If you missed those posts then take a look here.

Since discovering How Does Your Garden Grow? I have started to observe gardens around me more, whether it be my own or those on a much grander scale. Now I stop and look, get close up and really appreciate it. I noticed so much more on our recent trip to Stourhead earlier this week by doing just that.

Stourhead Gardens
Stourhead Gardens
Stourhead Gardens
Hydrangeas Stourhead Gardens
Hydrangeas Stourhead Gardens
Stourhead Gardens
Acer Stourhead Gardens
Oak Tree Stourhead Gardens
Fallen leaves at Stourhead
Stourhead

Flowers dying back, poppies still in bloom, plants climbing the walls, changing colours on the hydrangeas, trees almost as tall as the sky, the red of the Acer, the oak tree without its acorns, fallen leaves and enormous tree trunks.

So much to see.
So much to take in.
But still time to just sit by the lake.
And look for Wally.

Stourhead Lake
Stourhead Lake

All in all the ideal place to spend a sunny, crisp Autumn day.

I'll be linking up with Annie and other wonderful gardens...

Mammasaurus - How Does Your Garden Grow?

x x x
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Lovely pictures x Keep thinking we must join the National Trust with so many great places nearby now to visit x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocelyn (@ihavecards)7 November 2013 at 09:22

    Gorgeous photos, and loving the sun streaming down on Wally there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love Stourhead... one of my favourite gardens to visit, and still so much to see at this time of year! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely place. I love that arched window with the leading and I'm envious their hydrangeas are still in full bloom. Bit random but I think I used to have the same brown boots as you. Are they DMs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful place and what beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Stourhead too, it's a fabulous place! Love your photographs, really get the true autumnly feel from them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sabrina montagnoli7 November 2013 at 18:05

    I love getting close up! I love all the sun streaming through in your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a wonderful place. I really like your close-ups. They show so much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos, I'm amazed by how much colour there still seems to be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynda_kidsinthegarden8 November 2013 at 18:01

    You capture the spirit of Stourhead beautifully - its also a favourite haunt of ours, but haven't made it this Autumn. Love your boots and leaves photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes they are! Authentic wedge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! You photos really do evoke that crisp and sunny autumn day.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig