9 June 2015

Finding a little slice of inner peace {Camp Bestival 2015}

THE HIDEAWAY Wellness Retreat & Spa

I have been taking the kiddos to Camp Bestival every year since 2010 and we are always finding new things; the play park under cover of darkness hidden in the depths of the woods, making a hula hoop, relaxing in the sun whilst creating our very own flower crowns. The list goes on. New explorations are also helped by the fact each year the children are older, obviously, and they want to do different things. I'm using that age thing a little bit to my advantage this year as I am planning on finding myself some 'me time' - the fact that the husband is coming for the first time since 2011, so I am not sole responsible adult for the kiddos, will hopefully help make this possibility a reality.

So, what to do?

The Hideaway may have the answer... a welcoming space to step out of the melee and to relax, rejuvenate and transform.

Here are my plans which, much like The Hideaway states, are...dedicated to finding a little slice of inner peace.

Nature Runs

Nick Michell Nature Runs at Camp Bestival

I have booked myself in to go running at this year's Camp Bestival. Not your usual festival activity and I don't think I have seen it on any 'Top Ten things to do at Camp Bestival' lists. But, that is the amazing thing about festivals, no matter how many times you have been there is always something new to explore.

An opportunity to fire up the neurons and get your mojo flowing with like minded souls running through the beautiful countryside with Nick Michell, Wellness Coach.
We'll look at how to run with efficiency and grace and explore the concept of mindful running, whereby we will practise the idea of being truly present as well as the connection between ourselves and nature.
We'll finish with a full body stretch to set you up for the fun and frolics of the day ahead.
The run is suitable for all ages and abilities and is structured so that no one gets left in the woods.
Be prepared to get dirty and possibly slightly damp.

Bearing in my mind my current running style is to go all out accompanied by some heavy breathing the efficiency and grace element sounds perfect.

Yoga

You may well know that as well as running I love a bit of Yoga. So far my practise has consisted of my yoga mat being rolled out in the lounge, occasionally on the patio, with Erin Motz - lovely by the way, check her out - on the iPad to guide me through. Now my confidence has grown, and I'm a little bit more bendy than I used to be, I love the idea of being out in the fresh air on the rolling fields of Camp Bestival with the wind whipping through the flags overhead. So, I will definitely be booking myself in for a session.

Yoga at Camp Bestival
 
The Daydream Yurt

Daydream Turt - Camp Bestival
 
...experience our sensory story session....create your own magical jar of 'Dream Me'

Well, that just sounds like bliss.

By the end of the weekend I hope to be looking a little bit like this...

Chilling - Camp Bestival
 
...and will have found some fulfilment.
 
To see what else is going on at this year's festival check out the website.
For more information on tickets click here.
 
x x x
 

Images credit: Camp Bestival & Uber Wellbeing
Disclaimer: I am receiving family Camp Bestival 2015 tickets in return for previews and reviews of this year's festival. As always, views and opinions are my own.

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Oo I'll do the yoga with you! A good stretch after a couple of nights camping on hard ground sounds perfect. (Or we could just disappear into the woods and drink cider...I'm easy either way).

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig