23 September 2014

Project 365 #38 {Stormy week}

The week started with a Sunday hangover that refused to budge. For days.
The Thursday night storms didn't help much either.

Project 365 #38

Project 365 #38 day 257 - Stone heart
Project 365 #38 day 258 - Window boxes
Project 365 #38 day 259 - The Courts Garden, National Trust
Project 365 #38 day 260 - Owlivia Owl
Project 365 #38 day 261 - Gerbera
Project 365 #38 day 262 - Autumn berries
Project 365 #38 day 263 - Bristol Temple Meads

Day 257
The hangover started at 5a.m. and the day was a blur. I did manage to grab the new camera and get in the garden for some fresh air where the stone heart caught my eye.
Day 258
A rare drink out with the husband - window boxes showed me Summer was still hanging in there.
Day 259
A beautiful late Summer's day and I went for a wander around The Courts - another National Trust favourite. These artistic ladies across the pond made me smile.
Day 260
The girl was voted Star of the Week this week and today we had 'Owlivia' to stay.
Day 261
We were sat quietly in the front room on Thursday evening when at around 7:30 we heard some distant rumbling and noticed a very grey sky beyond the gerbera. Forecast checked I reassured the girl it would soon pass. Six hours later we had got through one of the worst storms I have ever witnessed. The aftermath? One seriously leaking loft, leaking ceilings in the children's bedrooms and damaged internet - hence the lateness of this post.
Day 262
The aftermath rolled into Friday. I picked up a text at work to inform me that the children's school had flooded so I had to leave my class to come home. We went for a wander across the flooded fields and spotted signs of Autumn all around.
Day 263
Time to get the train home after a girly afternoon in Bristol for some drinks and a good chat. Aviation cocktails come highly recommended.

Too late to link up with The Boy and Me but here are the others anyway...

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky
x x x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. It was a heck of a storm, really frightening in an amazing light show kind of way! Pain about the roof, the storm last year took a few tiles off which we replaced but lucky we are touch wood still watertight! Mind since the storm our boiler is only giving hot water for the shower so I am about to run the shower so I can get hot water in the kitchen to wash up...what is that all about!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig