7 June 2014

365 #23 {A better balance}

A change in work pattern occurred this week with the switch back to part time.
Relief all round for everyone.
The smile on the boy's face when I said I could walk him to school again was priceless.
No camera to hand though to capture it.

365 #23

Project 365 day 152 - Painting on the patio // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 153 - The simple things magazine // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 154 - Wannabe yogi // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 155 - Packing // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 156 - Chives and chickens // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 157 - Evening sky // 76sunflowers
Project 365 day 158 - Wild garden // 76sunflowers

Day 152
A lazy Sunday following our busy half term week. The children were happy to play out and I caught the two of them drawing and painting together.
Day 153
The children had an extra day off today due to teacher training so we popped into town to send off passport applications. I treated myself to my first magazine in months, if not years. This one is new to me and I was drawn in by the happiness on the front cover. I am glad to say, the content was worthwhile.
Day 154
Time to unwind and let the stresses of full time work disappear. Returning part time was the best decision. Today I walked the children to school then took some time out to myself and threw myself into some yoga. It is highly recommended.
Day 155
Packing today for the girl's first residential with school. It felt rather strange with another milestone reached and another event to make me feel old.
Day 156
Work today so all pretty uneventful on the photo snapping front. I was watching the chickens tonight and spotted the flowering chives. Note two of the chooks pottering around like a pair of old women in the background.
Day 157
Sat in the back garden tonight for five minutes watching the sky and just thinking to myself.
Day 158
I had planned a lazy Saturday as the forecast was rain all day and the husband was at work today. The children were happy to have a home day so I attempted some gardening. I lasted all of 30 minutes!

Linking up The Boy and Me...

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky
x x x
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I did some gardening today too, not too much mind you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dinosaur pics, and the packed bag ready for the trip. Glad to hear the part time job is working for you all. #365

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara (@mumturnedmom)7 June 2014 at 20:13

    Love the top photo :) I'm glad you're happier now that you're back to part time. Really like the shot of the chives with the chickens in the background x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine Livingstone7 June 2014 at 22:06

    teddy has to go too doesnt he, getting grown up but not quite. That is a very good painted dinosaur. Glad you have had a more relaxing week and that part time is going to be so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah MumofThree World7 June 2014 at 22:50

    That's lovely that your son is so happy to have you back walking him to school. A first school residential is a big deal! My daughter has hers in November, but the boys are experts at going away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Viv, i bet that smile on your son's face confoirmed that you have made the right decision to remain part time at work. well done you :) your week sounds much happier and less stressful and i dont know the last time i bought a magazine either! i dread when Burton has his first residential i will be worried sick x

    ReplyDelete
  7. some lovely shots this week, i keep meaning to have a go at yogo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the same thing about that magazine, it really does look cheerful and I love the title The Simple Things. Great photos, love the chickens and love your yoga shot, exercise really is good for the mind, body and soul

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos, I love the one of them drawing together, so cute. Congratulations on the move from full to part time

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you on the gardening - I have absolutely no stamina for it. 30 minutes is pretty good in my book! Some really gorgeous shots this week. I'm tempted by that magazine; I've never heard of it either but the front cover looks interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen that mag before. Love the different take on the selfie, from above with cross legged.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the dinosaur book and painting look fab

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is funny how children adapt when you are working but they definitely prefer it when you are around more. I love the first photo and that magazine sounds just my sort of thing

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig