24 August 2013

Norfolk Beach Life

Norfolk Beach Life - Melksham Mum

Last week I set off with the kiddies to Norfolk. The only adult. I braved the 5+ hour jaunt along the M4, round the M25 and up the long arduous A11 back to my home county.

It's a trip we don't make often enough - probably due to the 5+ hour plus jaunt along the..... You get the point.

It's always a worthwhile one though. Especially with the weather we had this last week. It was perfect for doing what I like to do best of all when returning to Norfolk...hitting the beaches!

We had sand in our sandwiches, sand in our hair - and ears - for days, flew our kite, met up with family who we don't see enough, ate fish and chips, dug holes, built sandcastles, made dams, created beach art, went swimming  - in the dunes*, went paddling in the sea, caught the sun and turned a lovely shade of brown - the children, caught the sun and went freckly - me, sat in giant deckchairs, walked the sea wall from Wells beach to the harbour, rode the train from Wells harbour back to the beach, ate rock, ate huge ice creams, discovered a 'new' beach at Winterton-on-sea, read most of a book whilst the children built a wall around the beach tent, watched a fishing boat chug back and forth, watched the tide fill the harbour scarily fast, let the wind blow away our worries and slept the best I had in a long time.

Wells next the sea

Wells next the sea

Wells next the sea

Winterton-on-sea

Winterton-on-sea

Winterton-on-sea

Now I am sad back in land locked Wiltshire and dream of the day I am closer to the sea.

Or my own beach hut would suffice!

*swimming in the dunes?! Here's how...



x x x
 
 
I'm linking up to the great Country Kids...


Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. The perfect week!
    I rather fancy a spot of dune swimming myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and not too far from your neck of the woods?! Dune swimming does result in sand in ears, mouth, nose, pants...you name it!

      Delete
  2. That looks fantastic. I'm incredibly impressed that you managed to get into some of the photo's - whenever I look at our pictures it always seems I never went! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get in many but took a few 'selfies' with the kiddies and made sure my brother took some of the three of us!

      Delete
  3. well done on your bravery on the 5+ hours trip! i wouldn't dare! so glad it was worth it and you had such a lovely time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chickened out at Easter so guessed my time had come! The kiddies were great in the car :)

      Delete
  4. You couldn't have had a better week! Great beach fun for all the family, I particularly like the video on sand swimming - the sand looks so soft. Thanks for linking up and sharing your fab beach adventures with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks pretty bloody awesome! Nothing like being by the sea is there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Major downside of landlocked Wiltshire :(

      Delete
  6. Bet you're still finding sand! We're not near enough to the sea either and so miss it. Love the big deckchair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic trip, and stunning photos x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig