5 August 2013

Camp Bestival 2013 {in pictures}

Camp Bestival 2013 {in pictures} - Melksham Mum


Well, we're back from our fourth excursion to the grounds of Lulworth Castle in Dorset and our time at Camp Bestival 2013 has added to the great memories we are collecting from there. Year on year our experiences have changed as the kiddies grow older. This year though I think we got the balance just right!

I took the kiddies on Thursday travelling in convoy with friends and hubs joined us on Friday evening, and left Sunday lunchtime - something about work and business commitments, I say convenient timing! But it worked! The kiddies' teamwork skills shone through in the pitching and de-camping of the tent and the long trek from the car to our camping base laden down with backpacks and blankets - they did me proud!

Another thing I love about Camp Bestival is its ability to bring out the confidence in Edith. She is, like me, shy but this year she chased down a fairy for a hug, stared out a half naked Australian male fairy and joined me and my friend front row for our musical highlight of Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip. She did me proud. And as for Alban, he had a ball meeting up with his bestie for wrestling matches on the Castle Field - don't ask!

Anyhow, for now here are my photo memories of just some of our best bits from Camp Bestival 2013...

Camp Bestival 2013 - Melksham Mum

Camp Bestival 2013 - Kids' Garden

Crafting at Camp Bestival 2013

Ho de ho! Camp Bestival 2013

Fairies at Camp Bestival 2013

Food choices at Camp Bestival 2013

Spoken word with Scroobius Pip, Kate Tempest and Polar Bear in the Guardian Literary Institute tent Camp Bestival 2013

Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip - Camp Bestival 2013

Making time for me at Camp Bestival 2013!

Making memories - Camp Bestival 2013

Making memories - Camp Bestival 2013

Thank you Camp Bestival 2013!

...stay tuned for a more comprehensive review of Camp Bestival 2013!

Update: a more comprehensive review of Camp Bestival 2013 is here!

If this looks good to you then keep your eyes on the Camp Bestival website for Early Bird offers for 2014.
 
x x x

Disclaimer: I received a family ticket in return for a review of this year's festival. As always I will give a fair and honest opinion.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Ahhh looking at these photos makes me want to be back there again! I took my wristbands off this evening and felt very sad doing so! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it makes it all so final once the wristband is off :( ;)

      Delete
  2. When I met Edith on Saturday afternoon I was struck by how much more out going she was than when I'd met her earlier in the week. Clearly she is a festi girl.

    I wish I'd had more time in the Literary Tent :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! She took me completely by surprise chasing the hugging fairy down the castle field and staring manically at the rather easy on the eye male fairy in the Fairy Shop!
      I only went to the literary tent once - next year I plan to go in there alone with a cup of chai and snuggle on one of the sofas!

      Delete
  3. Fun , fun, fun a wonderful look at festival life. If Only I could get past the camping bit I know I would love it! A fab Country Kids post.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig