12 April 2012

The festival season is here!

So, it's that time of year again. Time to open up the loft hatch and be attacked by cobwebs for the yearly game of Where are the bloody sleeping bags?! Time to air out the tent and check for any damage from when it was put away rather too quickly on a damp morning at the end of last years camping. Time to pack the cans of cider and pull out the festival hat. Yes folks, the music festival season is officially upon us. And it kicks off just up the road from me, near Marlborough, with the festival that is.....One Fest. And I'm going. Huzzah!

Here's the lineup:

It's only a one day festival but myself and my friend have decided to get into the true festival spirit and we will be camping at the Barge Inn pub in Honeystreet - the original site of the Honeyfest festival, as it was previously known. Apparently this a favoured pub for Druids and mystical types so I may return as a barefoot UFO seeking hippy. Who knows?!

Anyway, I am so looking forward to 24 hours or so away from home. I know it is only going to be 1c overnight in the tent so I will be packing duvets and blankets - or I'll just drink myself into a deep sleep. But it is supposedly meant to be dry with a little peek of sunshine on Saturday so hopefully no need for a pesky umbrella. Whatever the weather I am going to have a day and night of intellectual adult conversation - well it may go a bit silly once a few ciders have gone down- live music and chilling out. I may even get myself a 'mystic massage'.

I will let you know how it all went when I get back!

x x x

 

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Sounds like great fun! Hope the weather stays nice for you. Is it the pub/festival that was on the Sarah Beeny Local projects program (sorry, can't remember the name of it) - looks vaguely familiar! Enjoy your 'you' time :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's the one. I've never been there before but looks lovely. Thanks for your comment x

      Delete
  2. Ahh I can't wait until Iyla is a but older and we can go to festivals with her! She needs her first Glasto experience! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you could take Iyla now if you were well organised and super chilled. We took Edith and Alban to Camp Bestival when they were just 4 and just 2. It was hard work but fab. Have seen ALL ages at festivals x

      Delete
  3. Sounds fab (with the exception of the freezing camping!) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! Have a wonderful time Mrs, looking forward to the write up already :D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig