11 October 2011

Beards! Yes or No?!

If you follow me closely on Twitter, or have read the previous post on this blog, you may have picked up on my secret rather obvious love of beards. Now don't all go bleurghhhhhh - just because a man has a beard does not mean I am going to pounce on him. I still have my standards and the rest of the package has to work for me too. It's just the men I currently like have beards, and, yes, that includes the husband! This has been a recent development though - maybe my hormones are going craaaaazy with mid-life crisis-ness. Who knows? But for now I like beards.

Let's examine this more closely.

Some men look damn hot with facial hair - FACT. 
Let me present my evidence:

Brandon Flowers - Let's face it, beautiful with or without.
Credit

Some pleasant surprises:
David Beckham - Just don't talk.
Credit
George Clooney - *swoon-ey*
Credit
latest pictures Ben-Affleck-beard
Ben Affleck - Who'd have thought it?
Credit

For some, the jury is still out:

Russell Brand - Oooh, we have similar curls!
Credit
Johnny Depp or Jack Sparrow
Either way, not sure.
Credit

For some they are better without:

Brad - Nooooooooooooo!
Credit
Joaquin - Nooooooooooooo
Credit


But for me there is always RV:


Credit

So, girls and boys, what do we think?
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I don't mind a bit of growth...but I can't stand the full on beard ...just think of the food nesting in there !! Eurgh!!

    Thankfully the hubby likes to be clean shaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a wearer of beards, I can give a resounding thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a no to facial hair too! Can't stand it. Beard rash - not a good look on a lady! But then again, Gary looked kinda smoochy with the designer stubble :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on this one! I love a man with a beard! I like them when they are longer than a designer stubble and have gone past that prickly stage but before they get to the long enough to lose your dinner in full on beard ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quite like as long as there is no food stuck in the hair - i.e EGG MAYO! YUK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. Yes! YES! To beards! Beards are awesome. I even like full-on, caveman, straggly beardage. But obv a nice neat stubbly one is better.

    Am glad you are celebrating beards, there is not enough beard appreciation, I feel!

    And yeah, my Hub has a beard ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh man...im a no to beards... my ex grew one once upon a time and always had food stuck in it. YUK. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am an appreciator of the long stubble! In fact, I melted today when a long stubbled man caught my eye so this post tickled me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My ex had a beard and @jbmumofone used to say he looked like Ben Gunn. I generally stear clear because my Dad has always had a beard. I'm on board with the Clooney-esque heavy stubble but that's about my limit I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a man with facial topiary. Very very sexy! I think it can make or break a man and there are so many diff styles. Just need to make sure you get one that suits the face shape. Not keen on the full on unkemp Edwood Lear type that homes animals. Any thing else though ... yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  11. UGH - nooooo! A bit of growth is ok - but full growth... No no no! Except on George Clooney.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really fun post ..... Not a fan of beards myself ... my OH once grew a beard and i said (cue Amy Winehouse) no, no, no, ......

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your argument (and the pictures of hot men!) but it's a big no from me. I even hate it when hubby is stubbly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah you nearly had me until I realised that they'd all look just as smokin hot without the beards too. I note you haven't got Brian Blessed on your 'sexy list' !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like a sensible beard. My hubby has one and I think he looks far better with it than without it :) Some men do, some dont. I guess I one for the "for" side on this though :D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig