3 May 2016

Bank Holiday Weekend {Bath & James}

I haven't done a 'let's show you what I've been up to post' for a long time, apart from the weekly Project 366, but a couple of lovely days over the Bank Holiday weekend produced some nice photos of Bath and my favourite band James I just had to share.

Sunday was a truly relaxed affair with no rugby training and the husband off work for the day. We meandered into Bath, which we haven't done as a family since the Bath Half, with just a couple of jobs to do - well, if buying a new pair of shoes is a 'job'! It felt rather strange actually buying footwear that I can't run in but they were needed for work due to a change in the dress code this Summer.

Bath is a lovely city to walk around and this is just what we did.
Along the way I took the time to pause, look and obviously capture some snippets of Bath; trade signs on rooftops, Spring blossom and the Georgian architecture in all its glory.
We ended up in Victoria Park and the beautiful Botanical Gardens which present a peaceful spot within which to wander and fire up lots of senses; meadows of wildflowers, gnarly trees and planted up bath tubs were just a few of the things that caught our eye.

Bank Holiday Monday saw a rare evening where I left the house for a little bit of me time and stayed out late! I met a friend in Bristol to see James at the Colston Hall. James have been a favourite band for many years whom I first saw around 25 years ago and I have been lucky enough to see a few times since. I have never got quite so close to Tim Booth before though - one of many highlights of the evening as he walked through the crowd singing the classic Sit Down.

James - Sit Down

James - Sometimes

x x x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig