1 April 2013

Canal life

So, the sun finally decided to shine in these parts yesterday and as we had messed up our food shopping we decided to postpone our Easter roast until today. Good plan really as it is dull and cold again here.

Yesterday though we got out for a leisurely walk along the local canal at Semington.


 
The sun was shining. There were plenty of barges meandering along the water. Alban was fascinated at how the locks worked. He was also a bit surprised that people actually lived on some of the barges. I'm not sure I could cope with that in reality although the hidden chilled out hippy buried deep inside me loves the idea. I would seriously need to de-clutter though.

I snapped a few pics on my phone. One day I plan to get myself a decent camera. I just need a lottery win. I did the obligatory self portrait thing and realised two things; my sunglasses look mahoosive with short hair and man I have a lot of frown lines! I must start smiling more.

I hope you all had a lovely Easter.

x x x
Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall


SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I love the photo of you, your frown lines are nothing and my big glasses are awesome! Kids look like they are having a wonderful time and watching the locks opening is always fascinating. If my phone took photos like that I wouldn't have a camera at all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love loch walks and I find it amazing that people live on those barges...NOT ME! Those phone pictures look pretty good to me. Glad you had at least one sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post and lovely pics. My MIL has a canal boat and we did a week long holiday on there last summer. It was hard work, but I absolutely loved it! It's weird when people take photos of you as you go along, but nice too. You feel quite special :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel right at home reading this post as we live near a lock.
    Thank you for your beautiful comment.
    Liska
    @NewMumONline
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love locks too. Only been on one barge holiday before but it was great fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely place to have to walk along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i cannnot believe the long weekend has ended already!
    when I lived in Berkshire and indeed when i used to visit my grandparents in Bedwyn, I used to really enjoy walking the canal paths and seeing the barges come and go. especially the opening and closing of the locks. Looks like you all enjoyed a fun walk x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your glasses look excellent and you have no frown lines at all! Love your short hair.

    It must be great to live near the canals and see the beautiful barges. I'd love to take The Boy on a canal-boat one day.

    Nipping over from Country Kids linky.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig