13 January 2013

Outside at last!

We've had a bit of a 'post-Christmas back to work' lull here in terms of getting out of the house but today there were no excuses.

It was my favourite kind of weather for this time of year - freezing cold with bright sunshine.

We bundled ourselves into the car with a picnic and hot soup and headed out to Avebury for a bracing stroll around its famous stone circles.

It did us all the world of good!

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

x x x

 

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Lovely photos and it does look bracing! I remember the circles and Avebury from a school trip. I was not much older than your daughter and it was a boiling hot summers day. Still looks the same! Thank you for sharing on Country Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. A winter picnic? I'd never have thought of doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did a similar thing yesterday but packed hot chocolate. We were only out for an hour and a half mind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow Avesbury brings back a LOT of childhood memories for me as we visited here often with my grandparents as they live nearby ish ( as we once did too). we had a winter picnic , well some brioche and fruit juice - last weekend on our bug hunt! good to refuel! you have some lovely photos heere but my fav is the last one and the one of your shadows x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love days like this too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my most favourite places ever! Gorgeous photographs, glad you got some winter sun as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the photos it is so good to get outside isn't it - love the shadowy photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cold, sunny days too. The sunshine is always better appreciated in the winter I think :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig