17 August 2012

Camping vs Boutique Hotel vs Butlin's

I have just returned from two nights away in a boutique hotel with the husband - a well needed break for the two of us and a rare opportunity to use the in laws services while they visited us from France.

The Old Stable Room
Picture from www.thebullhotel.co.uk

We stayed in this room here at The Bull Hotel in Bridport, Dorset, a bit of luxury following our recent accomodation of six nights in a tent with the children camping in Devon.



Both trips were clearly very different with the whole of the camping week costing less than two nights in a hotel! But, it got me thinking about holidays in general with children and what else we could do with them apart from camping and festivals - which you know I clearly love!

Obviously we left the children at home for the hotel trip but some families use luxury hotels for a family break. I personally wouldn't choose to do this with my two and we keep the hotel breaks for the grown ups. So, what else to do?

Well, and I'm still a little bit surprised to be saying this, how about Butlin's?

Butlins: Altogther More Fun!

I never thought I would consider Butlin's as a holiday destination for me and my family as I thought it was all cheesy smiley faces, jazz hands and evening entertainment. However, after meeting Katie from Butlin's at BritMums Live, I have been convinced otherwise and have been accepted as a Butlin's Ambassador for 2012/13! This means I get to see first hand just how a Butlin's break works. I must say the accommodation looks pretty impressive and I'm planning to take my family away for a self-catering break sometime next year, probably at Minehead.


Gold apartment at Minehead
Gold apartment at Minehead
Gold apartment at Minehead
Gold Apartment at Minehead www.butlins.com
That apartment looks good enough for us.

Have you been on, or ever considered, a Butlin's break?
As a happy camper / boutique hotel lover am I going to like it?!


x x x

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hi,

    We also love camping with the kids, but your kids are going to love Butlins. They will be busy every second there from Sun up until Sun Down. You will be exhausted!

    The only downside that I found was that it was very LOUD and you can spend a lot of money whilst you're there, ooh and the laundrettes are an experience! ;-)

    My kids think it is as good if not better than Euro-Disney, which is good for our wallets!

    I loved Euro Disney though, it was so CLEAN and the best customer service we have experienced.

    Enjoy your holiday and well done for being a Butlins Ambassador! I can't wait to read about your holiday.

    love

    Claire
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto
    a co-worker who had been conducting a little research on this.
    And he actually bought me lunch simply because I stumbled
    upon it for him... lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanks for spending the time to discuss this matter here on your web page.


    My web page - outcall Massage in london (no-ip.info)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, thank you! x x

© 76 sunflowers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig